Hosted by Chester and North Wales branch – Cangen Caer & Gogledd Cymru.
Watch the video
In this “App in an Hour” webinar Dougie Wood will demonstrate the basics of the Microsoft Power Platform by doing just that : building an app in an hour.
This webinar will impart the key knowledge you will need to create your first mobile friendly Canvas Power App, using SharePoint lists to store data and Power Automate to trigger an automated workflow.
We will use an example of replacing an incident reporting paper form with a PowerApp. We will create it completely from scratch with Power Platform.
- Database – choosing your database, what options do you have within Microsoft 365.
- Lists – We will use Microsoft Lists in this example for our database. We will demonstrate how to create a list.
- Data Schema – Before you create your app you should consider what data/fields you will need to capture. Comparing to an existing form will make this process easier.
- PowerApps – Create a simplistic mobile friendly Canvas PowerApp that can interact directly with your List database.
- Power Automate – Create simple automated alerts and actions for employees when a new form has been submitted.
- Reporting – How to create views of the data and basic graphs to visually represent the information.
- Sharing Your App – How to then share your app and ensuring colleagues have the correct access.
About the speaker
Dougie Wood is a solutions architect at Valto, leading a team of cloud developers. He has ten years of SharePoint experience and building document management solutions. In the past few years he has heavily focused on Power Platform to deliver digital transformations for organizations of all shapes and sizes.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
This event is brought to you by: Chester and North Wales branch