Join Lyssa Adkins for a two-part event: interactive keynote in the morning and live coaching on the group's top topics in the afternoon.
- 9:00am - Ice Breaker
- 9:30am - Delivery of the keynote in an extended workshop-style format
- 11:00am - Break
- 11:15am - Extended workshop-style format Questions and Answers continues
- 12:30pm - Lunch
- 1:30pm - Live agile coaching by Lyssa - Addressing the group’s most pressing issues through using the concepts in the keynote, along other models and tools from her depth of experience.
- 3:00pm - Break
- 3:30pm - Live coaching continues
- 5:00pm - Event ends
The morning sets the stage with a workshop-style keynote, The Next Wise Step (see more below).
The keynote offers powerful tools for working with complexity so that the interventions you choose are more on-target and have a better chance of making an impact. In this extended format, in the afternoon, Lyssa will take on your most important topics. In real-time, Lyssa facilitates the group to quickly decide on the highest business value topics to tackle. We’ll create a backlog and get through as many as we can.
For each topic, Lyssa conducts a live agile coaching session with the person that is living with the dilemma of the topic right now. The person walks away with insight and actions they are willing to take and everyone walks away with ideas they can apply. Alternatively, the topic may be best addressed by Lyssa teaching a concept and then facilitating the group to apply the concept to the topic. It happens in real-time and is directly applicable to the top issues you want to address.
What are the benefits?
- People get powerful new tools for working with complexity so that the interventions they choose are more on-target and have a better chance of making an impact.
- Lyssa shares her insights from being a leader in the Agile world for more than a decade.
- Lyssa gives you insights through the themes she has seen in agility across industries, geographies, and company sizes from her work with thousands of leaders, coaches and their organisations.
- Lyssa offers her expertise in individual and organisational transformation, leadership agility development, business agility, creating an organisational agile coaching capability, working with complexity, transformation, conflict, team dynamics and human development.
- People get coached and mentored by a highly skilled professional coach and one of the thought leaders in the agile world.
- People leave the day with tangible actions. You will come up with some new and exciting ideas that you are excited to take!
- Everyone experiences support and insight from others who are addressing similar challenges.
More Info>> Workshop-style Keynote: The Next Wise Step
Let’s face it, the days of simple situations and clear answers are in the past. In our everyday, complex world with fast-evolving customer needs and an ever-accelerating pace of change, knowing the “right” or “best” thing to do seems impossible. In this interactive keynote Lyssa takes us on an exploration of a more complete way to see the complex situations we face every day. Having seen the situation more holistically, new possibilities arise and many options become apparent. From these options, you can choose the “next wise step” to positively affect the situation.
About the speaker
Lyssa Adkins Coach. Facilitator. Teacher. Inspirer.
My current focus is improving the performance of top leadership teams through insightful facilitation and organisation systems coaching. Making difficult decisions faster and with clear alignment, unknotting challenging organisational impediments, creating the conditions for smooth organisational delivery, helping leaders take up the “Agile transformation” that is theirs to do…this is where I thrive and help leadership teams thrive.
My Agile community focus is inspiring the worldwide community of Agilists to see the devastating planetary challenges we are already experiencing as an opportunity to express their Agile superpowers to make a significant impact locally and globally.
I have been pleased to serve the emergence of Agile Coaching as a profession. In 2010, I co-founded the Agile Coaching Institute which has developed over 10,000 people in the knowledge, skills and being-ness needed to yield genuinely competent agile coaching. Since 2011, I have been a member of the ICAgile working committee that defines the learning objectives for Agile Facilitation and Coaching and I assess candidates for the ICAgile-Expert in Agile Coaching competence-based certification. I have also served the Scrum Alliance as an application reviewer for the Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) designation.
I am the author of Coaching Agile Teams which, as a top ranking Agile book, was released as an audiobook in its 10th year.
I like to explore facilitating intense conflict, societal change, organisational change, the benefits and costs of being human in the workplace, agile coaching, agile transformation, adult human development, human systems dynamics, the role of nature, and books of all sorts. I tend toward a balance of the provocative and practical.
I hold an alphabet soup of certifications: ICAgile Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach Emeritus (CEC-E), International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC), Organisation and Relationship Systems Certified Coach (ORSCC) and Certified Integral Facilitator (IF). I am also a trained Co-Active Coach and Leader.
(Prices stated are inclusive of VAT and fees)
BCS members: £198.00
A refund, excluding fees, will be issued if a cancellation request is received within 14 days of the booking date or by noon on Tuesday, 25 July 2023. Otherwise, name substitutions will be allowed after this date.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
BCS is a membership organisation. If you enjoy this event, please consider joining BCS. You’ll be very welcome. You’ll receive access to many exclusive career development tools, an introduction to a thriving professional community and also help us Make IT Good For Society. Join BCS today
BCS is following government guidelines and we would ask attendees to continue to also follow these guidelines. Please go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for more information, advice, and instructions.
This event is brought to you by: BCS Edinburgh branch and BCS Agile Methods specialist group