Information Retrieval specialist group: Search Solutions
Search Solutions is an annual conference that is usually held in November.
The objective is to bring together the research and practitioner communities to discuss trends in information retrieval and in commercial search management and to explore synergies between the two communities.
The conference is preceded by a day of tutorials and workshops. There is separate registration for the tutorials and the conference.
Search Solutions 2022
22 November - Tutorials
23 November - Search Solutions conference
- Amy Walduck (State Library of Queensland) “The Topography of Searching: Visualising search data“
- Brammert Ottens (Spotify) “Finding the Right Audio Content for You”
- Farhad Shokraneh (Institute of Health Informatics, University College London) “The Futures of Systematic Searching”
- Filip Radlinski (Google) "Challenges with Really Understanding Natural Language in Conversational Recommendation"
- Gavin Moore & Andrew Doyle (University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust) “A Programmable Search – A Solution to Finding Guidelines and Patient Information?”
- Julien Massiera & Cedric Ulmer (France Labs) “Combining Spacy with Datafari Community Edition to enable semantic Enterprise Search”
- Mohamed Yahya (Bloomberg) “Taking Question Answering from Research Prototype to Product”
- Natasha den Dekker (LexisNexis) “How to conduct empathetic user research to test the search experience of users?”
- Phil Lewis (Pureinsights) “Practical Applications of Knowledge Graphs and AI in Search”
Tutorial 1 – Full day
IR From Bag-of-words to BERT and Beyond through Practical Experiments
- Sean MacAvaney (University of Glasgow)
- Craig Macdonald (University of Glasgow)
- Nicola Tonellotto (University of Pisa)
Tutorial 2 – AM
Approaching Neural Search with Apache Solr and Open-source technologies
- Alessandro Benedetti (CEO @ Sease Ltd, Apache Lucene/Solr Committer, Apache Solr PMC Member)
Tutorial 3 – PM
Simplifying NLP researchers work with Datafari Open Source
- Julien Massiera (France Labs)
- Cedric Ulmer (France Labs)
Tutorial 4 – Full Day
Diverse Approaches to Systematic Searching
- Dr Farhad Shokraneh (Institute of Health Informatics, University College London)"
- Ingo Frommholz
- Frank Hopfgartner
- Udo Kruschwitz
- Tony Russell-Rose
- Martin White
- Haiming Liu (tutorials chair)
For further details, contact email@example.com.
Search Solutions 2021
Search Solutions 2020
Search Solutions 2019
Search Solutions 2018
Search Solutions 2017
Search Solutions 2016