Interaction specialist group: Research
One of the aims of the group is to promote and support research in HCI in all its forms.
- University research groups
- About our magazine: Interfaces
Interfaces has its own range of supported publications, including the journal Interacting with Computers.
Members of the group receive a highly preferential subscription rate for major HCI publications from Elsevier, including:
- the Handbook of Human-Computer Interaction (2nd Ed.) (Eds. Martin G. Helander, Thomas Landauer and Prasad V. Prabhu),
- and numerous other HCI books.
- For up to the minute reviews or newly published books, see our sister site, usabilitynews.bcs.org.
Quote your HCI Group Membership Number on your order.
- Human-Computer Interaction, the journal
ACM publications (including Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, Interactions, Communications of the ACM and the CHI conference proceedings) are now available on-line through the ACM's Digital Library Portal
- Behaviour and Information Technology
- International Journal of Human-Computer Studies
- International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction
- International Journal of Cognitive Ergonomics
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) (specifically SIGCHI: the ACM special interest group in computer-human interaction
- International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) (specifically TC13, IFIP's Technical Committee 13 on computer-human interaction
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
- The Ergonomics Society
- European Association of Cognitive Ergonomics
- The HCI-Bibliography Project: free online references & abstracts (which can be imported direct into bibliographic tools)
- Child Computer Interaction Group
- HCI & the Web: UsableWeb | W3C User Interface