This initiative is led by Santana Luis
- To signpost ICT professionals to ICT Sustainability practices, resources, standards, policies, best practices, campaigns. Digital transformations, ICT projects, architectures, solutions, services and supply chains should include NET Zero & Sustainability initiatives, design for the environment (DfE) and mappings to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To provide some guidance on implementing the SDGs in architectural practice; encouraging discussion and debate about ethical issues and stimulating the sharing of information and ideas within the ICT industry. Showing how Digital Technologies & ICTs can help achieve SDGs.
- Working on the circular economy means working on the majority of SDGs, not as a cost item but as a business model. We want to show how the circular economy helps to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- To host 4 ICT Sustainability events per year.
Responses to issues around E-Waste:
- Material Focus, which is a not-for-profit organisation, has launched the new UK-wide Recycle Your Electricals campaign. This is to help reuse and recycle unwanted electricals instead of binning or hoarding them.
- Other ventures and companies aimed at addressing this problem are also emerging, for example, Spring, which is aimed at getting people to recycle their ’forgotten tech’, by placing them in pods and getting some money back for it.
- Climate, Environment, Sustainability: key issues for the UK tech sector Event Video.
Eco related documents: