Welcome to the group!
We run a programme of events and conferences which aim to champion the use of e-Learning and its relevance to academics, teachers and those interested in the use of e-learning for continuous professional development.
Keep an eye out on our events calendar for details of future events.
I look forward to seeing you at our next meet-up.
James Uhomoibhi, Chair
Upcoming events will be posted when available
Become a BCS member and start networking with like-minded professionals in our e-Learning specialist group.
We aim to promote e-Learning and e-Safety and the use of e-Learning; of relevance to academics, teachers and those interested in the use of e-learning for continuous professional development and by the wider public.
To provide a focus for the interests in e-Learning and the implications, from across the BCS and the wider profession to the general public. For example, topics where e-learning view could enhance current activities are the implications for IT professionalism and computing.
To achieve this the group will:
- Raise awareness and knowledge of the issues and opportunities related to e-learning futures, through facilitating blogs, web discussions, articles and events.
- Attract new professionals in the e-learning field to membership of the BCS.
- Build credibility as a body of expertise that can act as a source of information in the field of e-learning, for instance through the provision of road maps, policies and guidance.
- Provide a forum across the BCS and wider on e-learning.
- Support a knowledge community for e-learning.
- Develop a programme of events, standalone and with other specialist groups.