Purpose and aims
The Committee’s aim is to articulate the aspiring vision, goals and principles of Computing Education which we plan to do with the following goals:
- To explain more about what our subject is.
- To help teachers to understand what and how they should teach computing.
- To inform inspectorates and DfE, to support them to ask the right questions, and to know what good practice looks like.
- To identify what the ideal set of qualifications is that would offer appropriate pathways for all children, especially at Key Stage 4.
- To understand what qualifications are offered and taken across the 4 nations.
- To contribute to the increase of Black Afro-Caribbean people and women in computing.