Who is this for?
- Business professionals looking for a clearer understanding of AI and how it can transform their business
- IT practitioners planning to transition to a role in which they’ll be working with AI or machine learning
- Anyone who wants to know more about the power of artificial intelligence and its potential in our society
There are no pre-requisites for entry to the exam.
What will I learn?
This award sits within the Machine learning and other AI techniques area of the AI Foundation Pathway, providing core understanding of what we mean by AI, how it’s used by organisations now and what it holds for the future.
Learn more about:
- key components of AI
- AI and the IT ecosystem
- the relationship between AI and data
- the potential future of AI
Download our latest syllabus (PDF)
This award contributes 5 credits towards the:
- Foundation Certificate in AI (total credits required: 20)
- Foundation Diploma in AI (total credits required: 36)
Other Machine learning and other AI techniques awards in the IA Foundation Pathway include:
How can I prepare for this award?
You can achieve this qualification through virtual or classroom training with a BCS-accredited training provider. As a guide, the estimated total qualification time for this award is 50 hours based around 16 hours of contact time, 33 hours of independent learning and a 30-minute summative assessment. Prices of exams start from £90 + VAT per award - though prices may vary depending on training provider.
How do I take the exam?
Build on your foundation learning and achieve the Foundation Certificate in AI by studying one award from each of the four key awards areas. Study eight awards across the four areas and you’ll achieve the Foundation Diploma in AI. Why not look at…
Learn how data enables AI to perform, how it’s cleaned, structured and stored - and specifically focusing on machine learning how to use data in the right way, work with security protocols and uphold good ethical practice.
AI’s ability to learn, replicate and predict means it will have a considerable impact on society and our environment if we don’t approach it ethically, sustainably and with clear governance. This set of awards explores the impact of decision-making and is vital learning for any forward-thinking IT professional.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.