- Gain a deeper understanding of the requirements engineering framework
- Define different business roles and problem statements
- Showcase your ability to understand enterprise governance
- Progress towards the Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis
Who is it for?
- This practitioner certificate is for people who want to extend their knowledge of the requirements engineering framework
- Suitable for business architects, business analysts, project managers and business managers
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no entry requirements for this certification.
- We recommend that candidates have gained the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering
What will I learn?
You will extend your knowledge of requirements engineering including:
- How to apply the Business Model canvas to business scenarios
- Delivering a requirements engineering plan
- How to evaluate a problem statement and explain the Outcome Frame
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- How to produce non-functional requirements
How do I get this certiﬁcation?
Take the complete training programme (recommended)
You can take a bundled programme of courses with one of our approved training providers. You’ll find them across the UK and around the world.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
- At an approved provider near you
- At your computer via e-learning or web conference learning
How much does it cost?
Prices for courses vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- 90-minute ‘closed book’ with 40 multiple choice questions
- Pass mark is 65% (26/40)
Resources to help you study
Business Analysis 4th edition
This bestselling textbook explores a range of approaches and techniques for business analysis and covers the syllabus for the Business Analysis Foundation Certificate.
What are the beneﬁts of gaining a BCS certiﬁcation?
Demonstrate your skills and expertise by gaining the internationally-recognised BCS Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis, available once you have completed three other professional-level modules.
Available once you’ve completed the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis, and a BCS professional certification in each of the analytical, business and people skills subjects, and one additional BCS professional certification in either an analytical or business skills subject.
Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Designed for senior business analysts with at least five years’ experience
- Validates your experience and expertise as well as your contribution to the wider business analysis community
- To attain the Advanced Diploma you must gain four professional level certifications and complete a portfolio review
*This offer applies to first-time BCS members. Free membership is applicable for your first year as a BCS member only.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.