|Job title:||Academic accreditation executive|
|Salary:||Up to £24,000 p.a.|
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, is committed to making IT good for society. We use the power of our network to bring about positive, tangible change. We champion the global IT profession and the interests of individuals, engaged in that profession, for the benefit of all.
We are looking for an Academic Accreditation Executive to join our Academic Accreditation Department, in a permanent capacity, working full-time at our Swindon offices, on key transport links in the town centre.
About the role
Provide specialist advice and expertise to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), academic & industrial assessors and external bodies relating to academic accreditation and ensure the continuity and quality of BCS academic accreditation throughout the UK and internationally.
Academic Accreditation Committee
- Produce and check committee papers and minutes within agreed timescales, ensuring a high degree of accuracy;
- Arrange logistical requirements such as room bookings, equipment requirements and refreshments;
- Introduce and speak to assigned agenda items during meetings;
- Prepare written correspondence for Vice Chancellors and Heads of Department/School confirming accreditation outcomes and related requirements;
- Inputting of accreditation decisions on both BCS internal systems and external databases.
- Raise purchase orders, process and record invoices relating to hotels used for accreditation visits;
- Request and process Educational Affiliate Member invoices as required;
- Check, log, and process volunteer expenses.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- All staff will live the BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade B or above or equivalent.
- An understanding of the general principles of the HE sector.
- Significant experience working in administration within a demanding environment where high standards are expected, ideally within the education sector.
- Working with complex administrative processes.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer focus.
- Able to advise and influence external stakeholders.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Positive and flexible approach to working.
- Self-confident and able to make decisions.
- Ability to establish rapport & maintain good relationships.
- Fully competent on Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Have a pro-active, positive & can-do attitude.
- An interest in higher education.
- Ideally, and understanding of the structure of education both in the UK and international.
- Knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection Regulations.
- The role is office-based but will involve regular travel in the UK which will require overnight stays. On occasions there may be overseas visits to attend which will involve several nights stay outside of the UK.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.