|Job title:||Account manager - Channel|
|Salary:||£33,000 p.a. plus £16,000 OTE|
We are looking for a field-based Account Manager to join our Channel Sales Department team in a permanent, full-time capacity.
About the role
The account manager will work within the channel sales team, researching, contacting and maximising opportunities with channel partners, focusing on training providers within the UK and Ireland. This will involve engaging both existing and new clients through a range of account management and new business responsibilities.
The role will include:
- Providing organisational and industry insight with a view to positioning the benefits of partnering with the BCS for the provision of a range of professional certification, qualifications and additional learning services
- To share our customer’s market and business insights inside BCS, providing opportunity for our own business, product and service innovation
OTE for the account manager is targeted on the sales revenue secured from new and existing business sales within a stipulated account base.
The role is field-based. Activity spans two key areas:
(a) Existing client accounts
Generate sales from a defined list of BCS approved provider accounts, including helping newly acquired accounts establish themselves as active training providers of BCS apprenticeships, annual license renewals, upselling and cross-selling of BCS products. The growth of the existing customer base forms a key part of the objectives for channel.
(b) New business
Identify and develop new business opportunities, responding to leads and generating revenue through onboarding new approved providers and selling BCS products.
Prospecting and lead generation
- Prove proactive in approach to identifying new business opportunities, qualification of leads and establishing new relationships by researching and developing new clients in line with target customer criteria;
- Principally by telephone, e-mail and social media;
- Collate accurate information on prospective clients, entering on to the CRM system to enable future follow up;
- Plan own activity to ensure all opportunities are explored and followed up to maximise outcomes;
- Follow up specific marketing campaigns, and any inbound leads identified, in a timely and effective manner;
- Establish prospective customers’ products needs and explore how these can be met;
- Use persuasion skills to engage prospects’ further interest and establish the need for developing a product solution and proposal, including the benefit of a wider proposition than might, initially, be obvious;
- Identify past prospects for follow up calls and meetings. Re-establish contact to sustain interest in BCS products/services.
- Develop both new and existing key relationships with training providers within an allocated account base;
- Plan own calls to ensure all approved providers are contacted in line with the frequency shown in the contact plan as agreed with the director;
- Plan business development activities and customer contacts to meet agreed targets for revenue;
- Work with existing accounts to support them in achieving their goals, maximising growth opportunities, through the introduction of new products and cross selling the wider portfolio of BCS’ products and services;
- To encourage and promote our customers as ambassadors of our products and services.
- Log all calls, meetings, contacts and e-mail activity into the CRM system;
- Actively manage the client database to ensure information is accurate and kept up to date to enable accurate reporting, forecasting and targeted marketing activity to build on and generate new business;
- Complete contract templates to form the basis of the contract for new accredited providers and addendums;
- Production of account plans, order intake and delivery revenue forecasts;
- Production of high quality, client facing documentation in line with job description, sending out company literature to potential clients as necessary;
- Adhere to Data Protection (GDPR) regulation.
Target and KPIs
- The account manager will predominantly be targeted for revenue and any other areas of business as directed by the director, such as: leads generated and converted; acquisition of new approved providers; renewal of approved provider annual licenses; volume or cross-selling from established clients;
- Deliver the monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets and KPIs;
- Be responsible for your own activity levels to ensure they are in line with agreed performance requirements and KPIs.
- Position BCS products and services by informing clients and, where pertinent, challenge their thinking through drawing on developed and relevant insight, including:
- Market sector knowledge
- Current industry issues and initiatives
- BCS policy and initiatives
- PESTLE factors.
- To play an active role in helping the channel team grow, both as individuals and as a team, maximising our performance, through honest and open sharing, support and challenge in monthly team meetings, weekly calls, 1:1s and career planning;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their line manager/divisional director;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- To work proactively across the business to support continuous improvement and to promote a ‘customer first’ mindset;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- 3 x A Levels
- 7 x GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths, at grade C or above.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing contacts and developing value relationships at director and or C-level
- Proven experience of selling business-to-business, via a consultative sales approach, products/services/solutions to the learning and development and/or IT industry
- Proven track record in developing new and existing business.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a professional consultative approach with strong listening skills
- Articulate and confident, able to communicate effectively with customers by phone, e-mail and social media to influence them to engage and buy (and potentially face-to-face)
- Ability to research sectors to develop business opportunities that lead to success conversion
- Effective at identifying existing and prospective clients’ requirements and able to match these to BCS products and services
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers and enhance BCS’ reputation in the market
- Ability to deliver against key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Organisation, planning and prioritisation of own workload in order to meet deadlines
- Networking, influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Able to rapidly assimilate new products, services and solutions to then promote and convert sales
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and determined
- Persistent and committed to achieving and exceeding sales performance targets
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to identify areas of improvement within your own department and within the wider business
- Contract management would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of apprenticeships
- Knowledge of IT and training market
- A basic understanding of data protection legislation, specifically GDPR within a B2B sales role would be advantageous
- Knowledge of social media networking platforms.
- Occasional travel in the UK (with potential overnight stays) supporting sales and marketing activities.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.