|Job title:||Apprenticeship end-point assessment (EPA) co-ordinator|
|Salary:||£20,000 - £22,000 p.a.|
|Contract Type:||12 month fixed-term contract|
We are recruiting for an Apprenticeship End Point Assessment Co-ordinator to join our Apprenticeship End Point Assessment team, on a 12month fixed-term contract in Swindon.
About the role
The Apprenticeship EPA Co-ordinator supports the assessment of BCS products requiring an end point assessment. They co-ordinate the availability of all parties to attend the assessment methods set out in the standard as well as supporting the ongoing recruitment and on boarding process of assessors. The Co-ordinator also support in the co-ordination of the Quality Assurance process for all standards and qualifications within the EPA process.
- Processing evidence for apprentices entering the End Point Assessment stage of their apprenticeship;
- Ensuring each stage of the End Point Assessment process within agreed service levels:
- Uploading assessment material to the apprentice record;
- Checking assessment materials and booking assessment interviews;
- Ensure documentation fully signed as per the assessment plan;
- Sourcing assessors which meet the requirements of the assessment method with associated interview licences;
- Allocate assessment methods to approved assessors and send Interview confirmation to all parties;
- Create the final grade reports for training providers. Consolidating reports to give the overall grade from each assessment method and uploading final grade reports for training providers;
- Maintain accurate records for apprentices updating End Point Assessment windows in line with the assessment plans;
- Use the correct meeting platform for each assessment method. Set up and co-ordinate all parties to attend the assessment methods for the right length of time;
- Ensure the correct documentation is issued for each assessment method;
- Chase training provider and work together to ensure an apprentice completes all the assessments within their EPA window. This include short timescales where assessors need to be co-ordinated to tight deadlines;
- Reconciliation of assessment method including resits/retakes to raise the invoices against the TP for the full End Point Assessment process;
- Attend training provider meetings to update on status of apprentices and produce reports to support the meeting.
- Co-ordinate and provide professional accurate responses to all correspondence received within the EPA Team mail box;
- Co-ordinate the flow of work within and between other BCS teams, ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of management information;
- Netsuite Approver Level 1 for all Associate Assessor expense claims;
- Process invoices received from external clients and liaise with Finance for payment as well as resolving any queries where necessary; Ensure the system is recorded correctly and full reconciliation of invoices carried out periodically;
- Process appeal investigations within agreed service levels. Communicate with both internal and external clients to ensure documentation is issued correctly and systems update to reflect the correct status and investigation outcomes and arrange with the Finance Team for the Appeal refund for any upheld outcomes;
- Process and review reasonable adjustments, ensuring that all relevant parties are aware of any adjustments required and ensuring that GDPR guidelines are followed in relation to the reasonable adjustment;
- Assist with Associate Assessor recruitment process including DBS (including the handling of personal information), Contracts and Training;
- Co-ordinate the onboarding of an assessor ensuring they receive the support and guidance of the EPA processes and are moved through the onboarding process in a timely manner;
- Maintain Assessor availability on the EPM Database system;
- Maintain and review working instructions for the EPA Team on an ad hoc basis;
- Carry out manual certificate requests from apprentices/employers or training providers and queries with ESFA. Investigate the location of missing certificates arranging for replacements to be sent via the ESFA when required ensuring data is kept securely;
- Maintain good working knowledge of Apprenticeship Assessment Plans and Occupation Brief documentation;
- Updating systems to provide an accurate status of where an apprentice is in their EPA journey;
- Carry out monthly stat reports as and when required, interrogating data when requested;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience working in administration within a demanding environment where high standards and a high attention to detail are expected;
- Demonstrable experience in working with complex administrative processes including rescheduling of meetings and co-ordination of various third parties;
- Proven experience of working with significant SME communities, an understanding of the different type of working relationships.
- Able to confidently deal with senior people over the phone and in person and in writing;
- Resilient and tenacious when dealing with a variety of situations;
- Highly service orientated manner, capable of being assertive;
- Pragmatic with problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and as part of a team in a challenging and changing environment with numerous deadlines;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Exceptional organisational skills;
- Ability to apply due process and operate within compliance parameters;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills including diplomacy, empathy and compassion or confidentiality of the situation;
- Online collaborative tools;
- Reporting of statistical information and QA reports to relevant stake holders;
- Event Planning;
- Ability to understand, interpret and comply with company policies and processes;
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within your department.
- Knowledge of Apprenticeships and BCS;
- Knowledge of your responsibilities to meet regulatory compliance;
- Good Microsoft Package knowledge including Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection Regulations.
- Some offsite visits to clients, partners and suppliers may be required;
- Travel to other BCS offices may be required;
- Some out-of-hours working including weekends may be required.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
£20,000 - £22,000 per annum
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan