|Job title:||Compliance administrator|
|Salary:||£13,000 p.a. (full-time equivalent salary £22,750 p.a.)|
|Working hours:||Part-time (20 hours per week)|
We are recruiting for a part-time Compliance Administrator to join our Compliance team, in a permanent capacity, working from our Swindon offices located on key transport links in the town centre.
About the role
The Compliance Administrator will support the Compliance team to ensure we maintain compliance against the regulatory standards that the business is required to adhere to.
- Maintain all documentation to support the Quality Management System; including but not limited to the Controlled Documents Library;
- Maintain all documentation to support the Information Security Management System;
- Maintain all documentation to support Data Protection including the Record of Processing Activities and monitoring of the Accountability Framework, Data Protection Impact Assessments and Legitimate Interest Assessments;
- Maintain all documentation to support the Business Continuity Management system, including the Business Continuity Plans and Business Impact Assessments;
- Maintain all documentation to support the compliance against the Regulatory standards;
- Maintain the Critical Suppliers Log and co-ordinate the annual service reviews;
- Facilitate compliance training;
- Maintain the Gifts and Hospitality Log;
- Monitor and communicate updates from Federation of Awarding Bodies as required;
- Assist with generic monthly report writing;
- Updating the Green Room with news and updates on behalf of the department;
- Provide any other administrative support to the Compliance Manager and Head of Compliance as required;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- All staff will live the BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually look at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in an administration focussed role;
- Previous experience of audit processes and working in a regulated environment is desirable.
- Ability to keep information confidential;
- Ability to work within data protection legislation;
- Ability to think logically, problem solve and question;
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of business integrity;
- Highly organised with the ability to work methodically and plan aligned to timescales;
- MS Office skills to an intermediate level for Word and Excel;
- Ability to communicate effectively and build effective relationships with all levels of the business;
- Calm, diplomatic and assertive;
- Proactive and able to use own initiative;
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as autonomously.
- Working knowledge of compliance frameworks;
- Knowledge of Data Protection/GDPR and its impact on the role/department.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
£13,000 per annum pro-rata
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan