|Job title:||Head of Marketing - Learning and Development|
|Salary:||£55,000 - £60,000 p.a.|
|Location:||Swindon / Remote|
We are looking for a Head of Marketing to join our Learning and Development Department in a permanent capacity, working full-time.
About the role
The Head of Marketing - Learning & Development is accountable for the successful development and delivery of the agreed marketing plan for Product and Standards. Managing a team of marketing specialists, the Head of Marketing will work closely with the Product and Standards Director, the Learning and Development Managing Director, the Education, Professional Certification, Apprenticeship, Standards, Product Managers and the central Marketing and Communication teams in order to deliver to identified KPI’s - timely and within budget. This is a collaborative team who work flexibly with a ‘can do attitude’, always thinking ‘how could this be better?’.
- Manage all aspects of the Learning and Development Marketing department implementing comprehensive marketing strategies to support innovation and
- Manage a team of highly skilled marketing professionals providing guidance, feedback, and support;
- Control budgets and allocate resources appropriately;
- Plan and execute digital marketing, including SEO / SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and display advertising;
- Measure and report performance of campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPI);
- Identify trends and insight and optimise spend and performance based on the insights;
- Plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests;
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimise user experience;
- Use strong analytical ability to evaluate the customer experience across multiple channels and touch points;
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting our industry and evaluate for adoption where appropriate;
- Evaluate important metrics that affect our website traffic, service quotas and target audience to ensure optimisation of all conversion points and the user funnels;
- Develop strong working relationships with key BCS teams across the business; in particular those with a strong dependency on the success of marketing activity;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Support and promote the BCS values of do the right thing, one team, make things better, make things happen and being human;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes, and procedures;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager / Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements
Who are we looking for?
- Degree in marketing or professional qualification in relevant field;
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM) would be a plus.
- Demonstrable working experience in digital marketing or advertising;
- Experience of leading and managing a team of marketing professionals to drive required results;
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing SEO / SEM marketing database, social media and or display advertising campaigns that support KPIs that support strategy providing clear reporting that demonstrates success and progression;
- Experience of owning and managing a marketing budget and delivering strong ROI;
- Experience of reporting against ROI and KPI targets to key stakeholders;
- Experience with A/B and multivariable experiments;
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools;
- Experience in setting up and optimising google AdWords campaigns.
- Excellent leadership and organising skills;
- Analytical and creative thinking;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Customer centric approach to digital marketing and the use of technology;
- Ability to work to timescales and under pressure;
- Presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (Google analytics) and Google Adwords;
- Up to date with current online marketing techniques and best practices;
- Up to date with relevant legislation around Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, Advertising Standards Codes of practice, Cookie Law etc;
- You may be required to travel in the UK / Internationally with the occasional overnight stay and there will be out of hours working, including attending events and presentations.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.