|Job title:||Head of membership product|
We are looking for a Head of Membership Product to join our Membership Product Department, in a permanent capacity, working full-time at our Swindon offices, on key transport links and in the town centre.
About the role
To develop a strategy for developing the membership product portfolio and its relevance to the evolving needs of the market. Package this for different groups and personas in the UK and internationally, and for individuals and organisations, linking with the broader BCS offer to optimise revenue and opportunities.
- Create and own the Membership product strategy to ensure agreed growth, revenue and profit goals are met for the 3-year strategic plan. Ensure all departments and the BCS volunteer community are engaged in and aligned with the Membership product strategy;
- Be the focal point of knowledge for the trends in membership and different models and bring insight from the external market to inform the BCS membership strategy and positioning;
- Ensure the membership product, pricing and grading structure, along with the associated processes and customer journeys remain fit for purpose and user friendly;
- Create and evaluate business cases for product innovations to meet the evolving needs of the digital and technology market and trends in membership, focusing both on new opportunities and product extensions. Assess them for commercial viability and decide which developments to recommend for forward action to meet customer needs. Progress into project planning, working collaboratively with other functions;
- Continually review the commercial viability of the membership product portfolio to ensure growth opportunities in the marketplace are maximised and the benefits are performing in terms of usage and value to members. Monitor and report monthly on performance, identifying risks and mitigation strategies as necessary;
- Identify and develop opportunities for BCS membership to be packaged with BCS products or with partner products;
- Working with marketing, operations and business technology, ensure the membership experience is intuitive and engaging across BCS digital platforms and supported by robust, efficient processes;
- Manage suppliers and channel partners, negotiating and maintaining contracts to achieve suitable margins and profitability;
- Manage the product marketing elements of customer focus, pricing, packaging, promotion (sales enablement tools etc.) working in conjunction with other relevant departments; ensure product marketing briefs and content is developed for marketing; be responsible for assisting marketing in maintaining the membership area on the website;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All employees will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in product management, marketing and business development;
- Demonstrable experience of membership organisations or professional bodies;
- Demonstrable experience of developing and assessing the viability of business cases, budgets and plans;
- Demonstrable experience of product innovation and managing the project lifecycle;
- Project management experience as a product owner;
- Proven experience of leading and coaching small teams;
- Proven track record of financial growth and retention through product/service management.
- Experience with international markets in relation to memberships or training;
- Experience of selling or marketing to Universities, HE/FE and training providers;
- Experience of accreditation and / or professional registration.
- Is a natural influencer with the ability to relate easily and effectively to trustees, customers, suppliers and partners;
- Able to assess the viability of products and implement change to ensure growth opportunities are maximised;
- Well organised and results oriented;
- Able to develop organisational skills and methods within the team;
- Able to analyse complex data to establish trends and forecasts;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building relationships to gain buy in and achieve results;
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within your portfolio;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to track and monitor performance against budget;
- Demonstrable understanding of design, development and operational concepts and principles;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities;
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialised information;
- Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others;
- Ability to look beyond the standard solution;
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem;
- Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas;
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result;
- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea;
- Ability to make a critical decision while following company procedure.
- Understands the degree accreditation market;
- Understands professional registrations;
- Knowledge of the learning and development and building career pathways;
- General knowledge across a broad range of IT related areas.
- Frequent offsite visits to clients, partners and suppliers may be required;
- Must hold a passport and driving licence;
- Some out-of-hours working including weekends may be required.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.