|Job title:||IT business consultant|
|Location:||Swindon and remote|
We are recruiting for a IT Business Consultant to join our Service Delivery team, on a freelance basis, working full-time remotely or at our Swindon offices located in the town centre on key transport links.
About the role
BCS has an exciting opportunity for a freelance consultant to work with us delivering skills assurance to our digital and technology customers.
You will be an experienced consultant with a broad background working in the technology industry. You will have a passion for working with clients to help them uncover and develop the skills and capabilities their technology professionals need to deliver strategic goals. Your communication and stakeholder management skills will be exceptional.
You will receive full training in SFIAplus the BCS owned technology focused learning and development framework, and the system we use to deliver it. When deployed you will also have the help of our project team who will manage project implementation with you and provide collateral to support your delivery.
As a freelancer you will have the freedom to decide which deployments you can take on so you can work around your other commitments.
If this sounds like you, please send an email including your CV to email@example.com. Applications are particularly welcome from Chartered IT Professionals.
Provides consultancy services to BCS L&D clients including training and support of the SFIAplus based software tools and other products and services as appropriate.
- Provide consultancy services to BCS L&D clients;
- Give guidance to BCS L&D clients on optimum use of the SFIAplus framework and how it can be used to underpin IT professional development;
- Advise clients how to set up and use the SFIAplus based software tools;
- Advise clients on “good practice” in creating job descriptions, assessing and managing skills;
- Provide training services on the SFIAplus based software tools including contributing to the creation of relevant training resources and documentation;
- Carry out assignments, alone or as part of a team, applying knowledge, skills, and experience. Demonstrate an understanding of and propose viable solutions within the scope of the commercial relationship;
- Recognise need outside own area of knowledge, and how these areas relate Request and work effectively with additional expertise as necessary;
- Produce high quality deliverables in terms of both content and presentation. Examples of deliverables include: reports, presentations and options, with reasoned arguments;
- Contribute to identifying and securing further business opportunities for the consulting practice.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or post graduate level (or equivalent professional qualification)
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Certificate in IS Consultancy Essentials (Practitioner) or equivalent
- Significant track record of successfully delivering client facing consultancy;
- Proven experience of operating in an IT learning and development environment;
- Proven experience of managing senior stakeholders;
- Proven experience of working with IT development frameworks;
- Proven experience of working with professional bodies.
- Ability to understand a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts;
- Ability to understand the underlying issues in complex problems or situations;
- Able to identify gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devise means of remedying such gaps;
- Ability to keep an overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail;
- Flexible approach - take account of new information or changed circumstances and modify understanding of a problem or situation accordingly;
- Able to take innovative approaches to problem solving and devising inventive and creative solutions;
- Able to establish relationships and maintain contact with people from a variety of backgrounds;
- Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures;
- Ability to convey a level of confidence and professionalism, positively influence and persuade others.
- Expert knowledge of the principles, processes and practices associated with consultancy in the IT environment;
- Specialist knowledge and skills in one or more IT functions or technologies;
- Good understanding of the selection and application of information gathering methods, tools and techniques;
- Sound knowledge of the methods and techniques for delivering effective presentations;
- Sound knowledge of the methods and techniques for writing effective reports;
- Knowledge of professional bodies and IT frameworks.
- Unsociable hours;
- Extensive travelling including UK and overseas overnight stays, must have a driving licence and passport;
- Mixture of office hot desking and home based work when not on client site.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.