|Job title:||Key account manager|
|Salary:||£44,000 p.a. + £ 24,000 p.a. OTE + Car allowance|
We are looking for a Key Account Manager to join our Channel Sales team, in a full-time, permanent capacity.
About the role
The key account manager will work within the channel sales team, researching, contacting and maximising partner opportunities, predominantly with channel partners (training providers), along with a number of major employers, to help them deliver successful apprenticeship programmes. This will involve engaging both existing and new clients through a range of account management and new business responsibilities.
The role will include providing organisational and industry insight with a view to positioning the benefits of partnering with the BCS for the provision of apprenticeships, along with a range of professional certifications, qualifications and additional learning services.
OTE for the key account manager is targeted on the sales revenue secured from new and existing business sales within a stipulated regional territory.
- Develop both new and existing key strategic relationships with training providers within an allocated regional territory.
- Develop effective new client relationships: Establish prospective customers’ business needs and explore how these can be met by BCS products/services.
- Lead face to face sales meetings following a consultative solution sales process.
- Confident and experienced operating at C-Level.
- Confident and experienced in basic contract management and negotiation skills.
- Deliver against a range of key performance indicators.
- Prove proactive in approach to identifying new business opportunities, production of leads and establishing new relationships by researching, adding and developing new clients.
- Collate accurate information on prospective clients on to the CRM system to enable future follow up.
- Confidently prospect via telephone and social media.
- Qualify sales leads in line with target customer criteria, principally by telephone, email and social media.
- Plan own activity to ensure all opportunities are explored and followed up. Follow up specific marketing campaigns in a timely manner.
- Identify past prospects for follow up calls and meetings. Re-establish contact to sustain interest in BCS products/services.
- Develop market sector knowledge and keep current on industry issues and initiatives that can be drawn on to engage and position BCS products and services.
- Ability to utilise insight to challenge client thinking.
- Log all calls/meetings/contacts and email activity into the CRM system.
- Actively manage the client database to ensure information is accurate and kept up to date to enable accurate reporting, forecasting and targeted marketing activity to build on and generate new business.
- Production of account plans, order intake and delivery revenue forecasts.
- Production of high quality, client facing documentation in line with job description.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose.
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- 3 x A Levels;
- 8 x GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Maths, at grade C or above.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing contacts and developing high value relationships at director and or C-level;
- Experience of working in the learning and development and/or IT industry;
- Proven track record in new business development.
Desirable: Demonstrable experience of consultative sales approach focused on business-to-business engagements offering a range of products, services and solutions.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to demonstrate a professional consultative approach with strong listening skills;
- Articulate and confident, able to communicate effectively with customers face to face, by phone, email and social media to influence them to engage and buy;
- Effective at identifying prospective clients’ requirements and able to match these to BCS products and services;
- Proficient in constructing business proposals - Methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases, invitations to tender and statements of requirements both orally and in writing;
- Contract management and negotiation skills;
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers and enhance BCS’s reputation in the market place;
- Ability to deliver against Key Performance Indicators;
- Research skill;
- Able to organise, plan and prioritise own workload in order to meet deadlines;
- Networking, Influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Able to rapidly assimilate new products, services and solutions;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, determined and target driven;
- Persistent and committed to achieving and exceeding sales performance targets;
- Ability to identify areas of improvement within your department.
- Knowledge of the Apprenticeship market;
- Knowledge of the learning and development industry;
- Knowledge of the IT and consultancy industries.
- Must have full valid UK driving licence;
- Travel in the UK, may include some overnight stays and evening dinners to support sales activities.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.