|Job title:||Operations delivery manager|
We are recruiting for an Operations Delivery Manager in a full-time, permanent capacity, at our Swindon offices located on key transport links in the town centre.
About the role
The Operations Delivery Manager will manage the processing of all applications for BCS Membership, Professional Registrations and Higher Education Academic Accreditation.
They will also be responsible for the management of the assessor communities to ensure all application types requiring professional assessment have a sustainable and consistent pool of assessors to support them. Ensuring all activity in this domain provides an effective and efficient service to meet the requirements of our regulations and delivers the relevant business KPI’s.
- To develop and maintain BCS’ ability to deliver a customer focused delivery experience through working collaboratively with business divisions, external partners and other relevant stakeholders;
- Manages and oversee the execution of the processes and service delivery activities in support of Membership applications, Organisational Membership applications and Professional Registration applications;
- Oversee the planning and execution of circa 100 accreditation visits to Higher Education Institutions (HEI) both in the UK and overseas. Ensure HEI accredited courses meet BCS ongoing accreditation requirements and are appropriate for BCS membership and Professional Registrations, and those of the Engineering Council (EC);
- When required, perform the role of secretariat during accreditation visits, ensuring correct policies and procedures are adhered to and that accreditation visit reports are prepared for approval within the SLA’s;
- Embed continuous improvement into the team culture, ensuring services, processes, and outcomes are incrementally improved to remain fit for purpose to deliver against evolving business requirements;
- Provide relevant reporting as required to evidence quality of service delivery and team performance against set business objectives;
- Lead collaborative working relationships with all key stakeholders, ensuring a joined-up approach and promoting a high-quality customer experience;
- Ensure all policies, standards and procedures comply with the latest BCS and 3rd party regulations (e.g. QAA, Engineering Council, FEDIP) and align with delivering the necessary business SLA’s & KPI’s;
- Ensure all non-conformances within the team (appeals, complaints and issues) are quality log reported, investigated, root cause analysed, resolved (from the customer perspective), and escalated where necessary;
- Submit well researched business system and process change opportunities to support service development and improvement in customer delivery;
- Lead, motivate and co-ordinate the team, ensuring they are equipped with key skills, relevant training, regular 1:1s, appropriate career development and all have SMART objectives;
- Assess required service delivery changes in the short, medium and long-term, identifying impact, risk and mitigation and making recommendations action;
- Manage costs within the team, monitoring expenditure and reporting to the line manager where exceptions to budget are experienced or expected;
- Ensure a robust business continuity plan exists for the team to allow services to customers to continue during any periods of disruption;
- Recruit and retain high quality staff within the team with effective training and personal development plans to match the evolving needs of the business;
- Role model the business values and support the overall organisational purpose;
- Continually look at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.;
- All staff will live the BCS values and support our purpose;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to equivalent of A level standard or higher.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team within a business and coordination of a team of volunteers;
- A track record of success in relevant operational and service delivery business areas;
- Proven experience of managing and tracking team budgets.
- Strong process and people management skills;
- Ability to positively engage with and influence stakeholders at all levels;
- Ability to quickly develop positive working relationships with internal and external customers;
- Strong leadership skills to ensure a motivated, focused and hardworking team;
- Excellent change management skills, ensuring clear, well-defined improvements are implemented efficiently and effectively;
- Demonstration of excellent judgement and decision making when balancing short term demands with longer term improvement initiatives;
- Effective team resource management to ensure service delivery continues to match the evolving priorities and needs of the business;
- Budget management, monitoring and reporting expenditure & keeping within allocated budget;
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to simplify complex proposals for all levels of audience;
- Ability to deliver plans where co-ordinating and aligning with multiple 3rd party stakeholders as required;
- Ability to engage and influence a variety of stakeholders to support the requirements of the Operations team.
- Knowledge of professional membership organisations;
- Knowledge of the IT industry and IT terminology;
- Knowledge of responsibilities to meet regulatory compliance;
- Knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection Regulations.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
Up to £38,000 per annum.
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan