|Operations support officer (Part-Time)
|£13,714 p.a. (Full-time equivalent £24,000 p.a.)
We are now recruiting for an Operations Support Officer to join our Operations Support team, in a permanent capacity, working part-time (20hrs/week) at our Swindon offices located on key transport links in the town centre.
About the role
The Operations Support Officer is responsible for executing scheduled administrative and technical tasks in support of the Group Operations function and wider business. The role is responsible for ensuring all scheduled tasks and activity are completed timely and accurately.
Pro-actively monitor the integrity and quality of data processed by Group Operations and other key users across the business. Investigate data quality issues, running regular reports to identify variances and issues. Work with relevant stakeholders across the business to ensure resolution and any required practise and process updates are actioned.
Carry out tasks to support the L&D business such as running ICDL orders & certificates, building and testing Professional Certification & Apprenticeship exams, and formatting of HEQ examination papers.
Facilitate applications for Pluralsight registration and liaise with Training providers for payment and reconciliation.
Support and maintain the operational configuration of systems used across the team, including Zendesk and Salesforce. Provide support to the department in ensuring the correct use of these platforms and assist in setup and execution of operational reporting out of these platforms.
Support in the monitoring and management of the department’s asset stock list and ensure this tallies with the data provided by our fulfilment partners. Confirm the need for stock replacement internally and then be responsible for ordering of stock to agreed volumes / price points.
Provide assistance to the Group Marketing and Product teams for any operational data extract requirements. Also provide support to these functions in the setup and distribution of any service communications.
Support processes where we are obliged or requested to share data with external partners / suppliers / centres / SMEs. Ensure requests and methods for sharing adhere to relevant legislation and the compliance policies of the department.
Work with the Senior Operations Support officer to ensure a timetable of all routine operational schedules is maintained.
Flexibility to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by management.
Continually look at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Strive to live the BCS’ values and support our purpose.
Who are we looking for?
- 5 GCSE ‘s including Maths and English at Grade C or above or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a client focussed role.
- Proven experience of operating in a regulated and/or compliance-focussed organisation desirable.
- Customer focussed.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Able to construct business communications such as letters, emails and notes of meetings.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and see work through to completion.
- Able to make decisions and use initiative understanding business impact.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of examinations environment.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within your department.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft.
- Financial awareness (to support credit card payment allocation and cheque handling).
- Appreciation of how data is held in databases and how data is transferred between business partners.
- Knowledge of your responsibilities to meet regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection Regulations.
- Knowledge of Zendesk and Salesforce.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
£13,714 per annum (Full-time equivalent £24,000 p.a.)
Benefits and perks
From day one
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service
- An extra day off on your birthday or during the month of your birthday
- Up to 3 extra paid days given for shutdown between Christmas and New Year
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met
- Opportunity to work a 9 day fortnight – a non-contractual benefit where by hours can be condensed from 10 working days into 9 to gain the 10th day off
Personal days for (role dependant) – one personal day off per month
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business and successful nominations receive a Love2shop voucher to spend as they wish
- Unum Help@hand wellbeing app which includes access to:
- 24/7 EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (counselling, financial and legal advice)
- remote GP appointments
- 121 lifestyle coaching
- retail savings and discounts
Post introduction period
- Holiday buying scheme: There are two buying periods; January and July. Up to 5 days FTE can be bought each time and paid back via a salary sacrifice arrangement subject to manager discretion
- Private Medical Insurance – a taxable benefit but family members can be added at a cost, plus £100 contribution deducted monthly via payroll at £8.33 per month. £100 excess payable for most claims
- Health Cash plan provided by HSF – taxed at source accordingly. Option to increase cover, additional premium payable deducted monthly via payroll
Please note: BCS will only fund the 'benefit in kind' for one health scheme. You may join both schemes if you wish to, with BCS funding the 'benefit in kind' for the PMI scheme only.
- Pension: Pension contributions matched up to 6% on a direct deduction and salary sacrifice arrangement
- Travel loans available for rail season tickets
- Cycle to work scheme available on salary sacrifice arrangement
- Discretionary company sick pay entitlement
0-3 months - SSP Only (during introduction)
3-12 months - ½ month full pay, ½ month half pay
12-24 months - 1 month full pay, 1 month half pay
24-36 months - 2 months full pay, 2 months half pay
36 months+ - 6 months full pay
- Personal Financial Coaching: We’ve partnered with Octopus MoneyCoach to offer all BCS employees access to their own financial coach
- Payroll Giving: We’ve partnered with GoodPAYE to empower you to change the world while you work through Payroll Giving.