|Job title:||Product manager - Organisational Membership|
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Membership team, in a permanent capacity, working full-time at our Swindon offices located on key transport links in the town centre.
About the role
Under the direction of the Head of Membership Product, the Product Manager will be responsible for the creative and collaborative process of developing our Organisational membership product.
Working in a dynamic, customer centric environment, and building on their understanding of this market’s needs, the Product Manager is expected to take ownership and responsibility for developing and managing a product and service which achieves satisfaction, growth, reach, and profit targets.
A ‘can do’ attitude, a passion for ‘how could this be better?’, underpinned by great communication skills are essential, along with an understanding of the product lifecycle to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Own and develop the 3-year strategy for Organisational Membership within BCS;
- Create and own the product development plan, working closely with internal and external stakeholders;
- Review and improve end to end processes and procedures for the execution and ongoing engagement of OM contracts. Provide insight, recommendations, risks and opportunities from OM reports;
- Develop engagement, launch and reporting plan / strategy;
- Manage the product marketing elements of customer focus, pricing, packaging, prioritisation and sales enablement (promotion, tools, etc.) working in conjunction with other relevant departments. Product marketing briefs and product content for marketing. Be responsible for assisting marketing in maintaining the product area on the website;
- Make improvements to product offer, developing new models, features, bundles and pricing to address different employer challenges and needs;
- Work in tandem with other business stakeholders, e.g. marketing managers and product managers to develop a cohesive BCS offer to employer and leverage developments (e.g. ecosystem);
- Continually research and understand the market’s needs in order to develop new products, propositions and services that will support membership growth;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All employees will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;.
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience and a track record of success in Product Management, Marketing or Business development
- Proven experience of developing and assessing the viability of business cases, budgets and plans
- Proven experience of product innovation and managing the project lifecycle
- Proven experience of selling or marketing to corporate market place
- Project management experience as a product owner
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building relationships to gain buy in and achieve results
- Able to assess product viability and implement change to ensure it maximises growth opportunities in the marketplace
- Well organised and results oriented. Follows through appropriately
- Confident presenter and communicator
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within your portfolio
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to set and manage priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work within defined timescales and keep calm under pressure
- Ability to track and monitor performance against budget
- Demonstrable understanding of design, development and operational concepts and principles
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialised information
- Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
- Ability to look beyond the standard solution
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result
- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- Ability to make a critical decision while following company procedure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge across a broad range of IT related areas
- Understanding of learning and development and building career pathways
- Up to date computer knowledge and digital skills
- Understanding of technical language
- Offsite visits to clients, partners and suppliers may be required;
- Some out-of-hours working including weekends will be required.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
Competitive starting salary
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan