|Job title:||Project delivery manager|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £45,000 p.a.|
We are now recruiting for a Project Delivery Manager to join our Learning and Development department, in a permanent full-time capacity.
About the role
Accountable for the successful delivery of the agreed product build plan for Product and Standards whilst allocating the required skills and resources to different areas of the overall programme of activity, the Product - Project Delivery Manager will report to the Head of Product Portfolios - Innovation, Assessment, Learning and work closely with the Product and Standards leadership team in order to deliver to specification - on time and within budget. This is a collaborative team who work flexibly with a ‘can do’ attitude, always thinking ‘how could this be better?’.
- Develop and manage the product build plan ensuring activity meets the agreed and set milestones whilst identifying and resolving potential issues;
- Lead and manage and develop a high performing Instructional Design team;
- Deliver a complex series of related products, effectively managing their interdependencies and allocating resources to support prioritised development;
- Allocation of skills and resources to different segments of the overall programme;
- Appointing different team members to different projects;
- Ensuring that deadlines are met and that any new products or services from projects meet the overall quality standards and budget;
- Liaising with stakeholders;
- Develop and manage all relevant and required legal papers for the continued and timely delivery of all project activity;
- Work effectively with the Senior Digital Product Developer and Product Managers to ensure delivery against agreed priorities and product briefs;
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all development activities;
- Accountable for the on time and to quality delivery of development projects;
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for development;
- Responsible for own work planning against objectives set in agreement with the Product - Project Delivery Manager;
- Accountable and responsible for effective financial management, managing set budgets and reporting against spend;
- Provide appropriate and agreed monthly management reporting;
- Ensure that the skills and experience of the development teams meet the needs of the business and are able to service future requirements;
- Manage and oversee any third-party contributions to the programme and ensure they align with the overall goals;
- Conducts and participates in design planning sessions and scoping meetings to support design against standard process, and resolve development issues within the constraints of the build timelines and allocated budget;
- Ensure quality standards are maintained and that version control progresses through the development process;
- Managing review and quality assurance process to gain relevant feedback;
- Establish a solid understanding of the BCS Product and Standards landscape with continued knowledge of the product portfolios;
- Excellent project management and communication skills;
- Ensure that outside regulatory and legal requirements, as well as internal policies and processes are fully met and implemented;
- Remain aware of all emerging trends and technologies and make recommendations about when to adapt to continue to offer the best experience possible;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All employees will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Instructional Design
- Educational Psychology
- Software Development
- Professional Project Management Qualification
- Demonstrable experience as a Learning Designer, Instructional Designer, or Curriculum Developer;
- Demonstrable project management and leadership skills;
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing development teams;
- Demonstrable experience of successfully designing and developing sophisticated products deployed in a variety of environments;
- Hands on experience of assessment strategy and assessment development;
- A teaching or training background would be beneficial.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialised information;
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships engaging and influencing stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Ability to analyse financial and non-financial data. Source and use data appropriately in-order to progress projects effectively;
- Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others;
- Ability to look beyond the standard solution;
- Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance;
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem;
- Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas;
- Ability to build rapport with a clarity of stakeholders;
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result;
- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea;
- Ability to make a critical decision while following company procedure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to set and manage priorities;
- Ability to work within defined timescales and keep calm under pressure;
- Ability to track & monitor performance against budget.
- UK Qualification regulatory requirements;
- Application of learning principals;
- Development of workflows and procedures;
- Awarding Body landscape and exposure to digital IT;
- Up to date computer knowledge and digital skills;
- Understanding of technical language;
- Applications such as Articulate Storyline and Moodle.
- Offsite visits to clients, partners and suppliers may be required;
- Worldwide travel may be required;
- Some out-of-hours working including weekends will be required.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan