|Job title:||Project manager|
|Salary:||£37,000 - £40,000 p.a. depending on experience|
We are now recruiting for a Project Manager to join our Transformation team, on a permanent contract, working full-time from our Swindon offices located on key transport links in the town centre.
About the role
Managing complex business transformation projects, implementing business solutions to meet identified strategic business needs.
Creates and maintains project plans for transformation projects that communicate tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation.
Co-ordinates and manages the delivery of projects to meet deadlines, budget and quality assurance standards, whilst ensuring stakeholders are fully engaged in the projects.
Manages risk, and identifies and manages scope change, and provides reports to stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Leads and manages the ongoing programme of projects to be delivered by the Transformation department in line with our overall delivery schedule and transformation strategy.
- Contributes ideas and feedback to the ongoing review and development of our transformation strategy.
- Defines and plans resources and schedules for project / programme implementation and creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Plans and schedules project deliverables, budgets, tasks, goals and milestones while overseeing the project teams to ensure delivery against plans.
- Efficiently identifies and solves project issues, mediating disputes where required and demonstrating leadership and decision making.
- Defines and manages the methodologies, lifecycle and documentation standards to be used in the design and delivery of projects.
- Defines and adapts project governance and reporting structures for individual projects with guidance from line management.
- Reports and presents on the status of projects and the overall programme of projects to all levels of the organisation. Facilitates communication between delivery teams and project stakeholders ensuring confidentiality wherever required.
- Works closely with business stakeholders to help them define requirements, project approach, make project decisions and understand projects in a non-technical way. Acts as the liaison between stakeholders and delivery teams / suppliers.
- Works directly with suppliers and partners (and their respective project managers) to design, co-ordinate and implement project plans.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose.
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes, and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner, PRINCE2 AGILE or Certified ScrumMaster.
- Demonstrable project management experience.
- Proven experience of running large complex projects.
- Proven experience of running waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Commercially aware- experienced in running projects with both internal and external suppliers.
- Proven experience of effectively embedding sustainable change into organisations.
- Outstanding engagement skills, with the ability to motivate and drive accountability and ownership through multi skilled, cross-organisation project teams.
- Excellent communicator and team player with the ability to provide clarity on roles and responsibilities.
- Able to develop and build strong, positive relationships with people of different business and technical backgrounds, and at all levels in an organisation.
- Able to work with and effectively communicate with senior stakeholders.
- Able to build high performing project teams, using development and coaching approaches to inspire and encourage a high-quality output.
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to work effectively without supervision.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of existing and emerging technologies and technology-based cultures.
- Problem solver, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive content.
- Excellent presentation skills – comfortable presenting to large groups of people.
- Negotiator, both internally and externally - able to negotiate deals and savings with a range of suppliers, partners and colleagues.
- Financially aware - able to design and manage budgets and accurately cost projects and spend.
- User-centric - able to put themselves in the shoes of our customers, both internal and external.
- Expert knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation.
- Expert knowledge of the tools and techniques for effective communication.
- Expert knowledge of the tools and techniques for risk management.
- Expert knowledge of the methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects.
- Expert knowledge of the methods and techniques for managing stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project.
- Good awareness and knowledge of PMO tools.
- Strong IT Literacy.
- High degree of English literacy.
- Occasional travel in the UK to other BCS offices and/or supplier offices.
- Occasional out-of-hours working including weekends.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
£37,000 - £40,000 p.a. depending on experience
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan