Vacancy: RITTech Junior product manager
|Job title:||RITTech Junior product manager|
|Salary:||£28,000 - £30,000 p.a.|
|Contract Type:||12 month fixed-term|
We are recruiting for a Junior Product Manager on a fixed-term contract of up to 12months, working full-time.
About the role
Under the direction of the RITTech Product Manager, the RITTech Junior Product Manager supports the creative and collaborative process of building and running market-leading product portfolios to our customer base in a timely manner. Working in a dynamic, customer centric environment, the RITTech Junior Product Manager will be expected to take ownership and responsibility in the creation and running of leading products and be prepared to work flexibly with a ‘can do’ attitude, always thinking ‘how could this be better?’.
A positive and genuinely passionate attitude to the task at hand with great communication skills are a must to ensure that all stakeholders have bought into the product strategy and have the required level of product knowledge to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Act as product ambassador articulating the product vision and value proposition clearly and accurately;
- Understand markets, competition, and customer/user requirements to retain market competitiveness for existing products, identify opportunities, and help define product vision and strategy;
- Research customer needs in a data-driven way and translate feedback into actionable insight ensuring product development continually improves;
- Contribute to and lead meetings to help guide and manage the development process;
- Work proactively across teams to get pre-requisites for development carried out;
- Work closely with the development team to ensure the product brief is understood and actioned according to agreed process and procedure and budgetary constraints;
- Work with customers with the generation of required information and documentation to support development and delivery;
- Produce Marketing briefs and product content for Marketing, ensuring it is maintained;
- Ensure compliance of regulatory requirements working closely with Quality Assurance, Product Development and Operations;
- Prepare status reports including risk analysis and mitigation plans ensuring all risk is identified, analysed and mitigated throughout the entire product life cycle;
- Communicate and record product decisions and the reasoning behind decision that have been made;
- Understand the impact of product features and benefits, and how they exist with the overall portfolio, and measure performance to include both success or failure to ensure continued product improvement is realised;
- Take part in the identification and relationship management with product service suppliers, looking for new opportunities that will help improve customers’/users’ experience of the product;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All employees will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Computer Science
- Demonstrable project management and leadership skills;
- Experience and understanding of educational and / or
assessment development industry;
- Experience of successfully supporting the design and development of sophisticated products deployed in a variety of environments.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and a data driven mindset;
- Understanding of design, development and operational concepts and principles;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities;
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialised information;
- Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others;
- Ability to look beyond the standard solution;
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem;
- Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas;
- Ability to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result;
- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea;
- Ability to make a critical decision while following company procedure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building relationships to gain buy in and achieve results;
- Ability to set and manage priorities;
- Ability to work within defined timescales and keep calm under pressure;
- Ability to track & monitor performance against budget.
- UK Qualification regulatory requirements;
- Application of learning principals;
- Development of workflows and procedures;
- Awarding Body landscape and exposure to digital IT;
- Up to date computer knowledge and digital skills;
- Understanding of technical language.
- Occasional visits to clients or suppliers, off site meetings and events in the UK or globally as required. These may require overnight stays;
- Some travel to other BCS offices as required.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
£28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan