Vacancy: Service delivery officer
|Job title:||Service delivery officer|
|Salary:||£21,000 - £22,000 p.a.|
|Contract Type:||12 month fixed-term|
We are now recruiting for a Service Delivery Officer to join our Operations Delivery team, on a 12month fixed-term contract, working full-time at our Swindon offices located on key transport links in the town centre.
About the role
Work as part of a team on a rota basis to deliver, within laid down service levels, a high quality service to all BCS customers complying with the BCS Regulations. Liaise with internal/external customers to constantly improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Process and Review information received in support of all Membership applications offered by BCS, Organisational Membership applications, candidate registration, exam session bookings/testing’s and candidate certification across our entire qualification portfolio;
- Complete the quality log with relevant information, identifying and implementing corrective actions in a timely manner, ownership of each entry until resolution or escalating via handover where necessary;
- Provide excellent service to our customers, delivering high quality to set timelines. Communicate effectively through all communication channels available;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all registration channels, and the relevant regulatory and audit requirements. Ensuring compliance is maintained through team knowledge, processes, procedures, and documentation;
- Take ownership of issues through to completion, escalating matters when appropriate and ensuring that relevant details are available for colleagues to allow them to manage these issues in your absence;
- Have a flexible approach and be prepared to support other team members to ensure departmental goals are achieved;
- Process CPD data, recertification’s and revalidations for all relevant grades of Membership and Qualifications where required;
- Processing of completed examination materials, including automated marking, checking completion of pre-requisites, release of results and/or feedback, and ensuring any queries are dealt with;
- Work to all policies, standards and procedures within SLA’s, KPI’s, BCS regulations and third parties regulations;
- Produce and maintain statistics and information which will contribute to management reports as and when required;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at Grade C above or equivalent.
- Proven experience of working in a customer focussed and/or client services environment;
- Proven experience in the use of Customer Relationship Management systems and other databases, including bespoke set ups;
- Ideally proven experience of operating in an examination delivery environment;
- Proven involvement in business process improvement.
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal;
- A pro-active and positive “can do” attitude;
- Excellent team player, who is also able to work independently;
- Strong administrative and organisational skills;
- Able to show initiative;
- Open approach to business improvement;
- Ability to prioritise and organise time to set deadlines;
- Skilled at building rapport with clients and external parties;
- Can communicate effectively with different stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Ability to identify areas for improvement within your department.
- Knowledge of membership organisation;
- Knowledge of IT industry;
- Knowledge of your responsibilities to meet regulatory compliance;
- Knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection Regulations.
- Some offsite visits to clients, partners and suppliers may be required;
- Travel to other BCS offices may be required;
- Some out-of-hours working including weekends may be required.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
What BCS offers in return
£21,000 - £22,000 per annum
Benefits and perks
From Day One (pre-probation)
- 23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service.
- A day off on or during the month of your birthday.
- Up to 3 extra paid days off during shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Free BCS membership giving you invaluable membership resources.
- The Social Club – events and subsidised trips open to all employees.
- Refer a Friend – If you ‘refer a friend’ for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive £750 after 6 months and further £750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
- Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
- Group Income Protection Insurance – an insurance which will pay a percentage of your salary for up to 3 years in the event of a long-term illness preventing you from working. This benefit is subject to a claim assessment and only payable if certain conditions are met.
- BCS Stars – the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
- EAP – Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice).
- Holiday buying scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan