|Job title:||Strategy and change communication manager|
|Salary:||Up to £40,000 p.a. depending on experience|
We are looking for a Strategy and change communication manager to join our Transformation team, in a permanent capacity, working full-time at our Swindon offices located in the town centre on key transport links.
About the role
Design, manage and deliver a business-wide communication and engagement programme to support the Strategy and Change management activity, Change Programme and other key business communication activities.
- Design, manage and deliver a business-wide internal communication and engagement programme to accompany the Strategic Change Programme and the wider Strategy and Change Management activity, quickly responding to the opportunities and challenges presented by a changing business environment and the requirements of a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Work closely with key departments and stakeholders to ensure internal and external communication activity is fully aligned and external stakeholders are appropriately engaged and informed on strategy and change activity.
- Partner with senior stakeholders and business owners to support the design, management and delivery of project-specific communication and engagement plans.
- Deliver a programme of communication and engagement activity to build understanding of business strategy, objectives and performance and to cascade important business-wide messaging, using existing and new channels of communication including (but not exclusively):
- All staff events and briefings
- Audience specific events and briefings
- Internal newsletters and intranet content
- Facilitate and encourage integrated working, promoting a one team approach to drive accountability and ownership across the organisation;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements;
- All staff will live BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes, and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree or equivalent;
- Membership of a relevant Professional Body that represents Communications, Marketing or PR professionals.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing communications strategies and ensuring their delivery;
- Demonstrable experience of content writing and delivery using a range of communications techniques and technology including social media and web-based technology;
- Demonstrable experience of working within multi-faceted, complex strategy and change delivery programmes ;
- Proven track record in implementing successful communication strategies.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent verbal and visual presentation skills – structured to the needs of the audience;
- Ability to see the big picture, join the dots and respond with relevant plans and deliverables ;
- Ability to think strategically, cross-organisational and break down silos;
- Achieve results and desired outcomes by building positive working relationships with key stakeholders and the deployment of influencing, negotiation and coaching skills;
- A well organised, self-motivating approach to work, and be able to manage complex and wide ranging workloads simultaneously.
- Project management methodologies, in particular Agile and Waterfall;
- Strong knowledge of communication and PR methods, techniques and processes;
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, in particular PowerPoint and SharePoint, and other presentation applications such as Miro;
- Some knowledge of design software, such as Adobe InDesign;
- Detailed working knowledge of a wide range of communications, marketing and engagement tools, techniques and media.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be removed before any listed closing date once a sufficient amount of applications have been received.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.