|Job title:||UX designer|
|Salary:||Up to £35,000 p.a.|
We are looking for a UX designer to join our CX and Creative Services Department team, in a permanent capacity, working full-time at our Swindon, on key transport links and in the town centre.
We’re open to all levels of UX designer. Whether you’ve mid-weight experience, you’re looking for the next step up, or want to get into a UX career, please apply if you’re interested in the role. Salary will be dependent on experience.
About the role
The UX Designer will provide user experience (UX) insight and expertise to the business, managing and designing processes that create effective services, interfaces and experiences for our customers. The role will contribute to and execute the strategy to embed a user-centric philosophy into all digital customer touchpoints. It will also represent the customer on projects that engage with the CX team and be responsible for identified strategic user journeys and experiences (UX) such as those of the BCS website.
- Work with the Head of CX & Creative Services to develop and implement the UX strategy;
- Identify opportunities to create, and then create, outstanding online user experiences and journeys that truly differentiate BCS and drive us towards our
- Accountable for ensuring UX deliverables meet both project objectives and the needs of the user; including approval responsibility for UX deliverables;
- Take day to day responsibility for UX activities across discovery, define, and design on projects, and ongoing on the BCS website, including:
- Evaluating user needs, preference and performance, e.g. conducting usability tests, research, expert reviews, and surveys;
- Analysing research and distilling the results into an actionable form, e.g. user requirements, experience maps, presentations, journey flows, task models;
- Gaining internal and external stakeholder feedback and buy-in, e.g. running workshops and interviews;
- Documenting the user experience; e.g. creating & presenting wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, personas, information architecture, and
- Responsible for understanding information architecture (IA) principles and applying them in practice.
- Responsible for team best practice in UX skills, methods and techniques throughout the processes;
- Evangelise and promote UX throughout BCS, e.g. running show and tells, writing blogs, mentoring colleagues, presenting to senior management;
- Value deeply, and be skilled in, storytelling, critiquing, facilitating, and presenting;
- Working closely with key stakeholders at BCS, including Marketing, Product, Content, Communities, and Operations.
- Understand and map the overall customer journeys various personas have with BCS, and identify and create any new personas that are required;
- Suggest new or innovative work methods/technologies to help drive creativity and quality of team output
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager / Divisional Director;
- All staff will live the BCS’ values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), in a related subject
- Demonstrable experience of user / customer experience techniques
- Demonstrable experience of running UX (or CX) projects
- Demonstrable experience of using prototyping software (e.g. Axure, Adobe XD, MoQups)
- Desirable - training or experience in agile methodologies
- Desirable - designing for apps (Android or iOS)
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking
- Strong analytical skills: Able to handle data sets to identify trends and provide quick, timely analysis to support project validation and engagement
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills: Engage easily with external and internal colleagues, across different cultures and capabilities
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Ensure customers at the heart of thinking on all projects
- High attention to detail
- Effective communicator: Confident and credible when working with the entire range of people right across the business.
- Flexible: Will enjoy the challenge, of getting involved in a range of activities as priorities and requirements evolve
- Team player
- Desirable - Knowledge of HTML, Java, CSS
- General user / customer experience and cross functional business knowledge, to include Marketing, Product, Finance, Sales and IT
- Some travel in the UK attending events and presentations and overnight stays, as required.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.