CodeClan have designed this interactive session specifically for people who have never coded before, but would like to try.
Have you always wanted to learn to code but not sure where to start? Have you coded before but are a bit rusty and would like to get a refresher? Come join us for a fun half-day session on the basics of programming and try your hand at writing some code of your own at our Coding Taster Session!
CodeClan have designed this interactive session specifically for people who have never coded before, but would like to try. This is a practical hands-on, interactive session and will get you coding along with our instructors to learn the key tools and techniques used by professional developers. This session is being run in conjunction with BCSWomen, and is open to anyone who is interested in giving it a try.
What you’ll experience
- An intro to programming.
- We’ll talk through some of the basics of programming, exploring fundamental concepts developers use to write software and web applications.
- We’ll go through some of the basics of what a language is and write a program together from scratch.
There is a Q&A discussion at the end to explore topics of interest within the technology sector.
This is perfect for:
- Novice programmers & people interested in refreshing their coding skills
- People working in the tech sector in non-programming roles
- Those who would like to experience learning at CodeClan
To find out more about what BCSWomen is doing in Scotland please feel free to join our LinkedIn group, or follow us on Twitter, @bcswomen. Some of the BCSWomen Scotland team will be at the event, getting some hands on experience, and are looking forward to meeting you there.
This event is brought to you by: CodeClan and BCSWomen Scotland