To celebrate International Women’s Day 2021, BCS is holding a special webinar where – together with our panel of experts – we’ll explore how we can all contribute to accelerating women’s careers in IT.
Together we’ll discuss inclusion: what does it actually mean and where does it fit within organisations’ priorities and agendas?
Drawing on our experts’ professional experiences, we’ll share strategies which will help you move your career forward.
Finally, we’ll celebrate organisations whose policies are making real change. Do some business work differently? Do they think differently? And, what can we learn from them?
Our experts are:
- Nicola L. Martin MBCS: Head of Quality, Adarga Limited. Nicola is passionate about increasing diversity and inclusion in software engineering. She mentors and coaches professionals about career change and development. She is also a committee team member for the BCS Special Interest Group in Software Testing (SIGiST) and BCSWomen.
- Jo Stansfield: Founder and director of Inclusioneering, a social enterprise offering diversity and inclusion consultancy in technology and engineering.
- Diana Parkes: Founder of The Women's Sat Nav to Success, an organisation that empowers women to achieve all they aspire to - and merit - in the world of work.
Marked annually on March 8th, International Women's Day (IWD) is one of the most important days of the year to:
- Celebrate women's achievements
- Raise awareness about women's equality
- Lobby for accelerated gender parity
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
This event is brought to you by: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT