Hybrid event for BCS SPA specialist group and AGM.
Watch the video
- from 6:00pm: log in, wait for Zoom conference to begin; for those physically present, network over sandwiches and refreshments
- 6:30pm: Annual General Meeting (not recorded - see below)
- 6:45pm approximately: presentation
- 7:45pm approximately: questions and discussion
- 8:00pm approximately: end; continue networking at BCS London
BCS SPA SG AGM from 18:30 to 18:45
- Welcome and Introductions
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the previous AGM
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Chairman's report
- Treasurer's report
- Election of committee
Development is either building features or building reliability. Operations is entirely about reliability. Do you know about Reliability Engineering practices? Reliability Engineering covers performance, resiliency, coding patterns, failure modes, types of tests, best practices, incident management, and more. This talk will cover everything you need to know to get started in Reliability Engineering.
About the speaker
Jack Shirazi works in the APM Java agent team at Elastic. He is the founder of JavaPerformanceTuning.com and author of Java Performance Tuning (O’Reilly), and has been an official Java Champion since 2005.
Jack has worked at all levels and all stages of IT projects in several industries including with real-time, low latency and highly scaled applications.
As well as authoring his popular book and contributing to several other books, Jack has published over 60 articles on Java performance for various sites and magazines; and has published over 200 newsletters for JavaPerformanceTuning.com over 15 years, and with these newsletters published around 10,000 Java performance and memory related tips.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event, please note that BCS does not issue invitation letters.
This event is brought to you by: BCS SPA specialist group