This free to attend, online event will bring together representative voices from industry and policy to discuss developments in apprenticeships in 2022.
- Annette Allmark, Head of Apprenticeships, BCS
- Nikki Christie, Deputy Director, Assessment and Quality at Institute for Apprenticeships
- John Banks, Apprenticeship Delivery Manager, Lloyds Banking Group
- Andy Erwich, Director of Employability and Social Impact - Apprenticeships and Funded Learning, QA
- John McKenna, Head of Product, Firebrand Training
12:30 - Webinar starts
13:30 - Close
A higher level of adoption of digital technologies and digital transformation have become more of a priority through the pandemic making digital skills critical across all industry sectors.
In 2021 WorldSkillsUK's Disconnected report looking into the UK's digital skills market said that 60% of businesses believe their reliance on advanced digital skills will increase over the next five years. Yet under half of UK employers (48%) believe that young people are leaving full-time education with sufficient advanced digital skills.
And, demand for digital talent and skills is still outstripping supply.
Digital apprenticeships play a key role in helping to support the talent pipeline. In fact, the theme of this year's National Apprenticeship Week is 'Build The Future' reflecting on how apprenticeships can help individuals to a rewarding career and businesses to develop a talented workforce that is equipped with future-ready skills.
Our guest speakers from Lloyds Banking Group, training providers Firebrand & QA, and IfATE will:
- Give employers an insight into digital apprenticeships and what they can mean for their businesses
- Explore the variety of digital apprenticeships, many of them introduced or updated last year
- Discuss the vital role digital apprenticeships play in sustainability
- Debate how individuals can progress into a level 3 apprenticeship when there is no level 2 provision.
Please note: By attending this webinar, you are opting in to receive communications from our Digital Skills Network, as an associated event. There is no fee to join the Digital Skills Network.