Join the SM-ITAM SG for this discussion.
Watch the video
In your organisation, what approach would you take to:
- Purchase and install a desktop application?
- Request a laptop?
- Request a change to a business application?
- Notify IT that the office WiFi has dropped?
- Request permission to attend a training course?
- Change the bank account that you’d like your salary paid in to?
- Obtain permission to recruit?
- Notify the facilities department that toilet cubicle two is blocked?
Even if you can quickly and confidently answer all the above:
- Would your colleagues’ answers match yours?
- How long does it take a new starter to learn?
- How many different tools do you use to raise these requests / issues?
- How many times do you have to chase / escalate?
If you have this well-tuned already, this is a fantastic accomplishment. If you have not, you may find this session beneficial in thinking about how to simplify the paths people use to navigate their way to achieve even the simplest requirements.
About the speaker
Chris Good is a hands-on IT & Change leader with extensive commercial experience across multiple industries. He is a specialist in designing and implementing optimal multi-sourced operating models founded in his broad understanding of Service Management and Project & Portfolio Management practices. His focus on the customer, value, and the team, ensures the agile initiatives he leads maximises the return on technology driven investments.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
BCS is a membership organisation. If you enjoy this event, please consider joining BCS. You’ll be very welcome. You’ll receive access to many exclusive career development tools, an introduction to a thriving professional community and also help us make IT good for society. Join BCS today.
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event, please note that BCS does not issue invitation letters.
BCS is following government guidelines and we would ask attendees to continue to also follow these guidelines. Please go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for more information, advice, and instructions.
This event is brought to you by: BCS Service Management and IT Asset Management (SM-ITAM) specialist group