AI can empower patients and healthcare professionals.
Conference Chair: Dr. Mercedes Arguello Casteleiro (University of Southampton)
- Dr Firat Tekiner (Senior Product Manager, Google)
- Dr Nava Maroto (Department of Linguistics Applied to Science and Technology, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain)
- Dr Julie Klein, Institute of metabolic and cardiovascular disease, Inserm/Université Paul Sabatier, France.
- Prof Chris Freeman (Electronics & Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK)
- Rik Smithies (HL7 UK)
- Dr Jeremy Rogers (Terminology and Classifications Delivery Service, NHS England, UK)
- Dr Chris Wroe (Head of Health Informatics, British Medical Journal (BMJ), UK)
- 10:00am - Dr Firat Tekiner, Senior Product Manager, Google. What are the things that AI can help with in the healthcare ecosystem?
- 10:45am - Dr Nava Maroto, Department of Linguistics Applied to Science and Technology, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain. Semantic Deep Learning for One Health: combining Knowledge Graphs and Large Language Models
- 11:30am - Break
- 11:45am - Dr Julie Klein, Institute of metabolic and cardiovascular disease, Inserm/Université Paul Sabatier, France. Biomarkers and Personalised Medicine: how can AI be used for Omics Data Integration, Interpretation, and Its Application?
- 12:30pm - Prof Chris Freeman, Electronics & Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK. AI in Next Generation Stroke Rehabilitation
- 1:15pm - Lunch Break
Session 2 Chair: Dr. Mercedes Arguello Casteleiro (University of Southampton)
- 2:15pm - Rik Smithies, HL7 UK. Machine Readable Healthcare Data Formats using FHIR
- 3:00pm - Dr Jeremy Rogers, Terminology and Classifications Delivery Service, NHS England, UK. What SNOMED wants to be, how clinicians actually use it and what lurks in large coded clinical datalakes?
- 3:45pm - Dr Chris Wroe, Head of Health Informatics, British Medical Journal (BMJ), UK. Bringing clinical guidelines closer to the bedside with AI techniques
- 4:30pm - Close
Today’s health problems are frequently complex. AI can empower patients and healthcare professionals. "One Health" and "Democratisation in Health Care" are emerging trends.
The event comprises a number of talks about the uptake of AI in the Healthcare Ecosystem. The speakers are from both academia and industry, including UK HL7, NHS Digital, BMJ (British Medical Journal) and Google.
The delegate fee is £90 plus VAT for BCS and SGAI members and £110 plus VAT for others. This includes:
- attendance at the event
A special rate of £50 plus VAT is available for students.
All bookings made after Friday November 3rd are subject to a late booking surcharge of £10 (plus booking fee and VAT).
In the event of cancellation by the participant, and provided that written notice is received before Friday November 3rd the participant will receive a full refund. If no notice of cancellation is received before that date no refund can be made. Please contact email@example.com for refund.
Our events are for adults aged 16 years and over.
BCS is a membership organisation. If you enjoy this event, please consider joining BCS. You’ll be very welcome. You’ll receive access to many exclusive career development tools, an introduction to a thriving professional community and also help us Make IT Good For Society. Join BCS today
For overseas delegates who wish to attend the event, please note that BCS does not issue invitation letters.
BCS is following government guidelines and we would ask attendees to continue to also follow these guidelines. Please go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for more information, advice, and instructions.
This event is brought to you by: BCS SGAI: The Specialist Group on Artificial Intelligence