This is a BCS FEDIP Application Support Workshop for those wishing to apply for this specific Health and Care registration.
What is FEDIP
The Federation for Informatics Professionals – FEDIP is the only public register for all informatics professionals in the UK.
The federation brings individuals and organisations together to establish professional standards and maintain a public register of practitioners offering greater confidence to the wider society
Scope of workshop
This is to support you in putting together your application for the FEDIP application and the workshop will focus on:
- What level you should apply for
- How to work with the Standard
- How to map your evidence
- Putting together context
- Preparing your evidence in the best way
- What the assessors will look for
Jan Hoogewerf, Head of Health and Care, will take you through a presentation designed to help you understand what the assessors are looking for, and how to understand the application process to submit a good application.
Requirements to take FEDIP
You must be a BCS member and working in Health and Social Care
What to do before the day?
- Read the ‘FEDIP standard’ documentation as you will be measured against this
- Chose your level of FEDIP registration
- Find a supporter for your application, usually your line manager
- Produce an up-to-date CV
- Think about at least 3 work scenarios to help you evidence your application
- Download your appropriate application form
This event is brought to you by: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT