Who is it for?
Technical or business specialists who offer consultancy services, expert advice and guidance to internal and / or external customers.
To be eligible for the oral examination, three modules are required to be passed:
- one core module
- one knowledge-based specialist module
- one practitioner specialist module
The oral examination should be taken within a year of completing this set of written examinations.
What modules do I need?
Core modules - you must pass this module:
Knowledge based specialisms - you must pass this module:
- BCS Foundation Certificate (e.g. ITIL IT Service Management, Business Analysis)
- Vendor specific at Foundation, intermediate of Associate level. (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, SAS etc.)
- Certification at Foundation level from another examining body. (e.g. APMG, CompTIA, APM etc.)
Practitioner specialisms - you must pass this module:
- BCS Practitioner certification (e.g. Business Analysis Practice)
- Vendor specific at Practitioner or Specialist level.(e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, SAS etc.)
- Certification at Practitioner level from another examining body. (e.g. APMG, CompTIA, APM etc.)
What format is the exam?
Up to 45 minute oral examination, which includes:
- 5 minute introductions
- 10 minute presentation1 (plus 10 minute Q and A)
- 20 minute scenario-based discussion2
1 On either a work-related assignment, giving consideration to how consultancy skills were or could be employed in conducting the assignment, or a specific topic of relevance to the world of consultancy.
2 Based on the application of any of the topics from the syllabus.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate, and will be assessed on, consultancy skills such as building rapport, logical reasoning, listening, problem solving, handling challenging questions and accepting criticism.
Where can I take the exam?
Option 1: With an accredited training provider
Option 2: At a public sitting (exam only):
- Time: Select when booking
- Venue: BCS London Office
- Fee: £390 (£325 + VAT)
- Register: Online - you must also complete, sign and return this registration form when booking this exam (if we don’t receive it you will be unable to sit the exam).
- Notes: Exam fees for public sittings must be paid a minimum of four weeks prior to the exam date by Visa, Access or MasterCard.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.