Who is it for?
- Anyone working in software testing who has achieved an advanced point in their career.
- Successful completion of the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation level and a minimum of three years testing experience is recommended.
- The Professional Certificate may also be helpful but is not required.
- Training with a BCS accredited training provider is recommended.
What will I learn?
- Introduction and objectives for test automation
- Preparing for test automation
- The generic test automation architecture
- Deployment risks and contingencies
- Test automation reporting and metrics
- Transitioning manual testing to an automated environment
- Verifying the TAS
- Continuous improvement
How do I get this certification?
Training and exam (recommended)
Take this course with one of our accredited training providers.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
At a BCS accredited training provider near you.
How much does it cost?
Course prices vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- 90 minutes ‘closed book’
- 40 simple and complex multiple choice questions
- Pass mark is 65% (49 of 75 credits)
Simple non-programmable calculators can be used during paper based examinations (to be provided by the candidate).
Candidates taking online examinations will have access to an on-screen calculator. No other calculators or mobile technology will be allowed.
ISTQB® is a Registered Trade Mark of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.