Who is it for?
- Anyone who is involved in any aspect of systems development.
What will I learn?
- Identify the tasks and disciplines required for systems development and the implementation of the development
- Describe the relationship between systems development and the wider term solution development
- Interpret the business requirements and produce systems requirements
- Describe the commonly used development lifecycles defined in the syllabus
- Select a particular development lifecycle based on specific characteristics
- Describe in detail one method that embraces one (or more) of these generic lifecycles
- Describe the structure, activities and deliverables of this method
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities within the chosen method and describe how these can be used to form teams
- Describe, interpret and quality assure the key models that the selected method uses for defining the process, static and event processes of the system
- Explain the differences between logical and physical models
- Make effective use of different methods of interpersonal communications
- Quality assure the systems requirements documentation and models
- Identify different architectures for systems development solutions
- Conduct a quality review
- Explain how CASE, CAST and Application Management tools might be used to support the chosen method
How do I get this certification?
Training and exam (recommended)
Take this course with one of our accredited training providers.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
At a BCS accredited training provider near you.
How much does it cost?
Course prices vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.