Who is it for?
- Anyone who is involved in any aspect of systems modelling.
What will I learn?
- Justify the need for IT system modelling and modelling techniques.
- Explain why it is important to model IT system requirements from different perspectives.
- Develop models of system functionality. These models should be either process models with supporting process descriptions or use case diagrams with supporting use case descriptions.
- Develop models of system data. These models should be either entity relationship models or analysis class models, both with supporting descriptions.
- Develop a dynamic model. This model should be either an entity life history showing the effect of events on an entity or a sequence diagram showing the realisation of a use case.
- Evaluate selected models against business objectives and system requirements.
- Appreciate how the selected models inter-relate with each other.
- Describe how the products of analysis feed into the design and development of a system.
How do I get this certification?
Training and exam (recommended)
Take this course with one of our accredited training providers.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
At a BCS accredited training provider near you.
How much does it cost?
Course prices vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications in Wales, CCEA or SQA.