Opportunity to achieve CITP
As a recent graduate of the AI (Artificial Intelligence) and Data Specialist apprenticeship, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to achieve Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status.
As a result of your hard work, you have shown you are worthy of trust and respect in your chosen profession and have evidenced technical competence in line with the SFIA framework - a globally recognised skills framework.
To achieve CITP status with BCS, your apprenticeship is comparable with a majority of the CITP standard but we need some additional evidence to clarify the level of responsibility you had in your role as an apprentice or current employment. Please see the guidance document explaining the evidence we need.
In order to apply for CITP applicants must first be a professional member of BCS (MBCS). If you are not already a BCS professional member details on applying for membership can be found here.
Once a member of BCS you will need to return to this page and download the application form. Once you’ve completed the form, go to the CITP application page within MyBCS to upload your application, CV and evidence of your apprenticeship qualification.
To say congratulations on completing your apprenticeship, we have waived the CITP application fee (£160.00). To gain this discount, enter CITPAPPFEE at the checkout.
Note: You will still be charged the CITP subscription fee (£46.00), which is refundable if you are unsuccessful, and the professional membership fee (£152).
Once you’ve achieved both professional membership and CITP status, you’ll have access to a number of benefits:
- Be part of the public CITP register where employers can confirm your status
- Get the recognition you deserve with CIPT postnominals after your name
- Evidence your commitment to continuing professional development to show you’re up to date with the changes in the industry
- Cement your reputation as a trusted IT professional
- Have the opportunity to become a BCS assessor of CITP applications
- Access to our career planning and development tool on MyBCS
- The opportunity to mentor other BCS members
- Access to advice and insight from IT professionals across the world
- Join talks and events on the latest in IT and professional development
- Complete bite size e-learning modules on business, management and technical skills
- The opportunity to self-assess your skills using the SFIAplus framework to identify the skills you need to develop further in a profession within the IT industry
- Access to ITNOW – quarterly membership magazine and journal.