- BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, a body incorporated by Royal Charter in England and Wales (registered number RC000724) and a registered charity (number 292786) whose registered address is at 3 Newbridge Square, Swindon, SN1 1BY; and
- Its wholly owned subsidiary, BCS Learning & Development Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales (number 1005485) whose registered address is at 3 Newbridge Square, Swindon, SN1 1BY
By using the BCS online payment facility you are indicating that you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms do not use our online payment facility.
These Terms apply to the following types of online card transactions for payments of:
- BCS Membership, in which case you will be contracting with BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT; and
- BCS examinations fees, in which case you will be contracting with BCS Learning & Development Limited.
Please read these Terms carefully before using the online payment facility.
BCS may change these Terms from time to time without notice. Each transaction shall be subject to the specific terms and conditions that were in place at the time of the transaction. Changes will apply to any subsequent transactions with BCS. All payments using the online payment facility are subject to the following conditions.
- All fees quoted are in GBP - UK pound Sterling. Any currency conversion costs, or other charges or costs incurred by you when making a payment or in processing a refund, shall be borne by you and shall not be deducted from any fees owed to BCS.
- Payments through the online payment facility may only be made using Visa, MasterCard or (in some but not all cases) American Express debit or credit cards.
- Your payment will normally reach BCS bank account within four working days. BCS cannot accept any liability for delayed payments.
- If your payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation notice of your completed payment. If unsuccessful, you will be advised that your payment has failed. BCS will not be advised why a payment has failed; therefore, you should contact your card provider for details. BCS will confirm your payment details via email.
- If your card supplier declines payment, BCS is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- Upon completing a transaction, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct. BCS cannot accept liability for payments being recorded on the wrong account if you supply inaccurate information.
- BCS cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by your credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- BCS takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the online payment facility being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- In no event will BCS be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from your use of the online payment facility.
- Nothing in these Terms will limit BCS` liability for death or personal injury caused by the BCS’ negligence or fraud.
- You warrant that:
- You are aged 18 or over;
- The payment card used to make the payment is lawfully owned by you and issued in your name;
- You have the appropriate authority to validly accept the Terms and to make the relevant payment; and
- The information supplied by you is true and accurate.
- BCS may at its sole discretion do such checks as it may deem fit before processing a credit or debit card payment from the user, for security reasons. In the event that BCS is not satisfied with the credibility of the cardholder, BCS will have the right to reject the payment.
- BCS does not store in any way your credit or debit card details.
- Refunds and cancellations can only be made within 14 days of the payment date. Refunds, if applicable, will be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
- All payment details which are entered through this payment gateway are encrypted when you enter them. The website is secure and communications to and from the website are encrypted. Our online payment facility is PCI DSS level 1 compliant.
- BCS shall not be liable for any failure by you to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons during the online payment process.
Law and jurisdiction
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Direct Debit for annual BCS membership
If you opt to pay for your Annual BCS Membership via direct debit, the following terms and conditions will apply:
(a) You agree that your annual BCS membership has been taken out for one year from the date of sign up or, if renewed, a year from the date of each subsequent renewal.
(b) If you have opted to pay in monthly instalments, your membership fee is payable in monthly instalments as described in the payment schedule provided to you. The final payment may be adjusted upwards or downwards to account for the total annual fee as communicated to you when you sign up for your annual BCS membership.
(c) If you have opted to pay in annual instalments, your total membership fee is payable at the beginning of each year of your annual BCS membership.
(d) If you fail to pay any instalment within 14 days of the instalment becoming due, BCS will attempt to take out the direct debit again. If the second attempt returns to BCS unpaid, BCS will write to you and give you the opportunity to pay all instalments due for the remainder of your Annual BCS Membership by alternative means.
(e) If attempts to collect your payments continue to remain unpaid, or if you cancel your direct debit, BCS may immediately suspend/cancel your annual BCS membership at its discretion.
(f) You understand that GoCardless Ltd administers the Direct Debit service on behalf of BCS. For the avoidance of doubt, GoCardless Ltd is a third-party direct debit administration provider and is not affiliated with BCS. You may receive emails from GoCardless Ltd in connection with the service.
(g) Prior to the end of each year of your annual BCS membership, BCS will write to you to tell you how to renew your BCS membership along with your fees for the subsequent year.
(h) You agree that you are the signatory of a UK bank account which is linked to the direct debit and understand that the direct debit guarantee only applies in the United Kingdom.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com or telephone 01793 417417.