The ITU are holding an open consultation on what to do to close the worldwide divide for Women in Tech and Women’s Digital Skills.
CWG-Internet: Online Open Consultation (October 2017- January 2018)
CWG-Internet invites all stakeholders to submit contributions on achieving gender equality for Internet users, focusing on the following questions:
- What approaches and examples of good practices are available to increase Internet access and digital literacy of women and girls, including in decision-making processes on Internet public policy?
- What approaches and examples of good practices are available to promote the access and use of ICTs by SMEs in developing and least-developed countries, particularly those owned/managed by women, in order to achieve greater participation in the digital economy?
- Which are the available sources and mechanisms for measuring women’s participation in the digital economy with focus on SME’s and micro-enterprises?
- What measures/policies could be envisioned in order to foster the role of women as entrepreneurs and managers of SMEs, specifically in developing and least-developed countries?
- What are the gaps in addressing these challenges? How can they be addressed and what is the role of governments?