Search Solutions is the BCS Information Retrieval Specialist Group’s annual event focused on practitioner issues in the arena of search and information retrieval.
Search Solutions consists of two parts: a tutorial day and a conference day.
We bring together practitioners, researchers, analysts and end users to discuss the latest developments in the information retrieval (IR) community and to share insights between research and practice. SS 2022 will be held at the BCS London office on Wednesday 23rd November with tutorials on Tuesday 22nd.
We solicit speaker proposals for talks around the following categories:
- Innovative approaches used in IR production systems and products
- Topical issues in IR practice, e.g. trust, bias, and fairness
- Presentations that build bridges across disciplines, e.g information science, data science, user experience
- Presentations that discuss IR practice across professional communities, e.g. eCommerce, media, recruitment, library and information science, healthcare information, etc.
- Case-studies, e.g. best practices, design principles, evaluation techniques
We encourage presentations from startups and open-source projects. The presentation format of the event will be a combination of long and short presentations plus panels. We prefer on-site presentations, but will consider remote participation. Proposals should be no more than 1 page and include:
- Main contribution & take-aways for attendees
- A short bio of the presenter and/or a brief organisation outline
- Preference for on-site or remote presentation
Proposals should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a separate call for tutorials at SS 2022.
- Time zone: Anywhere on Earth (AoE)
- Talk proposal due: 15 July
- Notifications: 30 July
- Ingo Frommholz
- Frank Hopfgartner
- Udo Kruschwitz
- Tony Russell-Rose
- Martin White
- Haiming Liu (tutorials chair)
For further details, contact email@example.com.