For health and care, key issues are recruitment, progression, retention, encouraging returners to work and identifying opportunities to share skilled staff within systems.
BCS can help you ensure that your digital team is fit now and for the future:
- Through RoleModelplus, by helping you to understand and make the most of the skills within your digital team and identify the skills gaps and development needs of the team.
- Through Organisational membership, by supporting the development of your whole team so that they have the skills needed for technology-enabled transformation.
- Through an accredited Learning and development informatics portfolio, helping progression at all career stages
A RoleModelplus package has been developed specifically for the NHS and social care, incorporating both the industry standard digital competency framework, SFIA and the standard adopted for public sector roles, DDaT. Supplied with the modelling tool is a set of standard job role profiles for the technical and operational job role families developed with and for the NHS. This will enable you to:
- Understand the skills across your team/department/organisation/system
- Define your future needs, identify gaps and progression pathways
- Address them through learning resources.
As an organisational member of BCS, you will be able to raise the profile of your organisation and reward your whole team through exclusively available resources for:
- Skills and career development
- Professional registration, including FEDIP registration
- Networking and communities to learn, share expertise and best practice
BCS supports the learning journey through an informatics portfolio enabling progression at all career stages from digital T-levels and apprenticeships to leadership programmes. Our professional certificates provide qualifications in a wide range of digital subjects from foundation to expert levels, such as agile, business analysis, AI, and cyber security. We provide the prestigious International Certificated Healthcare CIO (CHCIO) qualification for digital leaders.
Find out more
Discover how BCS can help you with key issues in the Health and Care industry by completing this short form and one of our team will be in touch.