The Manchester branch is one of the oldest branches of BCS, having been established in 1957 - before Greater Manchester existed! Our mission in Greater Manchester (and just beyond), as defined by our Royal Charter, is to promote wider social and economic progress through the advancement of information technology science and practice: which is fulfilled by the events organised by the branch’s volunteer committee.
Benefits of membership
Joining our branch is an opportune way to maintain contact with other local IT professionals, keep abreast of current developments and have a real input to BCS. Additionally, as a member, you will have the opportunity to:
- receive regular information on forthcoming local events;
- take advantage of the excellent networking opportunities and make useful contacts;
- meet other IT professionals from a variety of disciplines;
- engage with the local committee and have your say;
- improve your professional development;
- have the chance to volunteer for a role on the committee; and
- expand your CV.
To find out more about joining BCS and the requirements for each of the grades of membership.
The Manchester branch is a member group of BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT and as such its committee must adhere to the rules and processes for member groups. As directed by these rules the branch elects a committee at its AGM. It directly reports to Membership Board.