|Job title:||Business development executive|
|Salary:||Up to £23,000 p.a. + up to £10k bonuses|
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to join our Corporate Engagement team, for a permanent opportunity working full-time from our Swindon offices, close to the town centre and key transport links.
About the role:
BCS Learning and Development Ltd are the leading IT qualification body, who offer a range of widely recognised professional qualifications, consultancy, tools and membership services.
The Business Development Executive will work within the corporate sales team, researching, contacting and maximising sales opportunities to new clients through a range of direct new business activity and responding to incoming leads. The role will include providing organisational insight with a view to positioning the benefits of BCS professional development solutions focused on IT staff and their communities.
OTE for the Business Development Executive is targeted on the sales revenue secured for new business sales.
- Generate and book a minimum of £400,000 new business sales per annum;
- Deliver against Key Performance Indicators;
- Identify opportunities, produce leads and establish new relationships by researching, adding and developing new clients;
- Qualify sales leads in line with target customer criteria, principally by telephone, email and social media. Plan own activity to ensure all opportunities are explored and followed up;
- Develop effective new client relationships: Establish prospective customers’ business needs and explore how these can be met by BCS products / services;
- Log all calls / contacts and email activity into the CRM system and actively manage the client database to ensure information is accurate and kept up to date to enable accurate reporting and targeted marketing activity to generate new business;
- Collate accurate information on prospective clients on to the CRM system to enable future follow up;
- Identify past prospects for follow up calls. Re-establish contact to sustain interest in BCS products / services;
- Follow up specific marketing campaigns in a timely manner;
- Work with the field sales teams to support them in achieving their goals; ensure that any new leads from existing clients are passed through to the Corporate Sales Executives to follow up;
- Send out company literature to potential clients as necessary;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager / Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who we are looking for
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- 3 x A Level’s or equivalent;
- 8 x GCSE’s or equivalent, including English and Maths, at grade C or above.
- Desirable: Proven experience of selling business-to-business products / services / solutions in telesales, telemarketing or tele-research roles;
- Demonstrable successful experience of establishing contacts and developing relationships at director level in corporate organisations;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to demonstrate a professional telephone manner and a consultative approach with strong listening skills;
- Articulate and confident, able to communicate effectively with customers by phone, email and social media to influence them to buy;
- Effective at identifying prospective clients’ requirements and able to match these to BCS products and services;
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers and enhance BCS’s reputation in the marketplace;
- Ability to deliver against Key Performance Indicators;
- Research skills;
- Able to organise, plan and prioritise own workload;
- Influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Able to rapidly assimilate new products, services and solutions;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, determined and target driven. Persistent and committed to achieving and exceeding sales performance targets.
- Knowledge of social media networking platforms
- Occasional travel in the UK supporting field sales and marketing activities.