|Job title:||Key account manager|
|Salary:||£32,000 p.a. plus OTB|
|Location:||Swindon / Field-based|
About the role
The Key Account Manager will work within a new division of the corporate engagement team, focused on the growth and engagement of new and existing Health and Care organisations and BCS.
This role will support the overall BCS Health and Care strategy and is focused on the development and renewal of Organisational Membership (OM) and RoleModelPlus (RM) products. The strategy also calls out the need to increase adoption of the new health informatics professional registration (FEDIP) along with all BCS professional registrations.
The role will include providing organisational & industry insight to best position the benefits of BCS as well as help shaping current and future BCS products and engagements work for their accounts.
- Deliver against Key Performance Indicators including OM revenue and membership uptake, Skills Assurance revenue and client / member engagement;
- Proactive in approach to identifying new opportunities for growth and engagement between BCS and clients. Plan own activity to ensure all opportunities are qualified to appropriate criteria, explored and followed up;
- Lead face to face / virtual client meetings following a consultative solution sales process and must be confident operating at C-Level, ideally in Health. Develop effective new client relationships: Establish customers’ business needs and explore how these can be met by engagement with BCS;
- Log all calls / meetings / contacts and email activity into the CRM system and actively manage the client database to ensure information is accurate and kept up to date to enable accurate reporting, forecasting and targeted marketing activity to build on and generate new business;
- Follow up specific marketing campaigns in a timely manner;
- Production of account plans, order intake and delivery revenue forecasts;
- Production of high quality, client facing documentation (e.g. proposals) in line with job description;
- Ensure deals won are set up appropriately in internal systems and are actively managed through to delivery;
- Ensure all engagement activities, including calls, workshops & events are appropriately planned & resourced and correctly implemented within the overall department resource plan;
- Ensure all incremental engagement benefits and all upsell opportunities are optimised to maximise department profitability;
- Support the development of cross team business processes and continually challenge the way we work to deliver added value for members;
- Lead or manage relevant organisational members onsite / virtual events:
- Standards workshops
- Members sign up events
- Speaker events
- Trade and sector shows
- Support the team and/or office staff in achieving the BCS wider strategic objectives as appropriate;
- Support the Head of Health by leading on/or contributing to reporting for Health Executive Committee, CHIME and others as required;
- Undertake project work when required;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager / Divisional Director;
- All staff will live the BCS’ values and support our purpose.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience;
- 3 x A Level’s;
- 8 x GCSE’s or equivalent, including English and Maths, at grade C or above.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing contacts and developing high value relationships at director and or C-level in corporate organisations, Health and Care organisations or channel partners;
- Experience of working in a relevant industry;
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management, focused on business-to-business engagements offering a range of products, services and solutions.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to demonstrate a professional consultative approach with strong listening skills;
- Articulate and confident, able to communicate effectively with high value relationships face to face, by phone, email and social media to influence them to engage and buy;
- Effective at identifying prospective clients’ requirements and able to match these to BCS offerings;
- Proficient in constructing business proposals - Methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases, invitations to tender and statements of requirements both orally and in writing;
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers and enhance BCS’s reputation in the market place;
- Ability to deliver against Key Performance Indicators;
- Research skills;
- Able to organise, plan and prioritise own workload;
- Networking, Influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Able to rapidly assimilate new products, services and solutions;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, determined and target driven;
- Persistent and committed to achieving and exceeding sales performance targets;
- Must be confident in managing own work load against target and time line.
- Knowledge of the health and care sector;
- Knowledge of the IT and consultancy industries
- Must have full valid UK driving licence;
- Travel in the UK, may include some overnight stays and evening dinners to support sales activities.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.