|Job title:||Regional customer manager|
About the role
The Regional Customer Manager will play a significant role in finding and developing new clients while establishing and building productive and mutually beneficial relationships with existing customers. Selling professional and educational qualifications, consultancy, tools and membership services to our potential customers. Typically, these will be senior managers including Heads of ICT, Head Teachers, Managing Directors, Commercial Directors, College Principles and bursars.
You will be selling throughout the UK, following up marketing leads, planning your own calls, and identifying what the product set has to offer the potential customer.
This role is responsible for driving and maximising profitable sales across all sectors. This will also require working very closely with other areas of the business to ensure a consistent and co-ordinated approach and to provide valuable market, purchasing and competitor information back into the business unit.
- Achieve sales targets
(a) Plan and prioritise sales activities to achieve agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
(b) Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory in accordance with the account management strategy.
(c) Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods, working with external sales and internal stakeholders as required.
(d) Build strong working relationships with the external sales team, client services, and product management teams to ensure consistency and clarity of approach and information gathering.
(e) Maximise order revenue and growth from a single key account which will be allocated by the line manager
(f) Where targets are not being met, in conjunction with UK Sales Director, ensure their remedial action plans are devised, agreed and monitored.
- Create activity and account management plan
(a) Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and client/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business and revenue targets.
(b) Plan and manage time and territory coverage against business and revenue priorities.
(c) Build a client profiling template to identify organisation characteristics, buying habits, decision makers competitive products and future potential.
(d) Identify and categorise accounts against past revenue and future potential and prioritise accordingly.
(e) Liaise with internal stakeholders with respect to achieving retention targets and prioritise activity accordingly.
- Maximise order revenue and growth from existing accounts
(a) Maintain and develop existing relationships with key stakeholders.
(b) Create new contacts and enhance personal influence within client organisations.
(c) Make proposals for increasing uptake of existing and new BCS products to ensure sustained and enhanced revenue.
(d) Understand and utilise purchasing cycles to ensure timely contact and regular revenue opportunities are maximised.
(e) Assist organisations in creating marketing and publicity materials to encourage take-up of BCS products.
(f) Tailor multi-product solutions for clients as required, based on existing product portfolio.
(g) Work with clients to identify new product opportunities.
(h) Prepare and deliver formal presentations and proposals to key stakeholders.
(i) Work with internal stakeholders in delivering information, guidance and newsletters to client base.
- Prospect for and build a portfolio of new clients
(a) Working with the external sales team and the Business Development Team, establish a list of potential targets.
(b) Arrange suitable appointments/presentations.
(c) Deliver agreed activity and revenue targets for new business.
- Provide valuable market and product information
(a) Gather market intelligence on competitor products, initiatives, pricing policies and new products.
(b) Gather information on the state of the market as a whole with emphasis on purchasing intent, buying confidence and general atmosphere towards qualifications.
(c) Feedback into the Product Management team.
(d) Update the BU risk/issues log associated with any work of this nature, update based on regular communication with other internal BU teams.
- Retain valuable clients and prevent churn
(a) Ensure that each Accredited Centre renews their contract promptly at, or before, the renewal date.
Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for
- Educated A-level or equivalent
- ECDL or equivalent IT User Skills qualification would be advantageous
- Significant experience in delivering presentations – aware of the methods and techniques for delivering effective presentations, especially to a large audience using a variety of delivery techniques
- Proven experience of negotiating contracts – in particular methods and techniques for negotiating contracts for the supply of BCS products and services
- Demonstrable experience of customer relationships – To include negotiation, presentation and meeting skills, as preparation for playing a leading role in relationships with clients/users at a senior management level in order to achieve and maintain customer satisfaction
- Proven experience of fact-finding meetings (such as interview, observation) which enable complete and accurate information about customer’s business to be obtained and reported through CRM and associated visit reports
- Extensive, successful proven experience in sales and account management with responsibility for a defined territory while working from a home base
- A track record of success in a relevant business area
- Able to think strategically
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the credibility and confidence to manage relationships at the highest levels within and outside the organisation
- Strong written communication, oral communication and presentation skills
- Commercially focussed with a strong background in achieving revenue and performance targets
- Excellent judgement and decision making
- Customer focussed
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
- High level analytical skills would be beneficial
- Knowledge of the UK Education sector and IT industry
- Working from home and resident within the territory with visits to the Swindon and London offices as and when required
- Considerable travel throughout UK with overnight stays where necessary
- Unsocial hours
- Full driving licence required.