|Job title:||Regional customer manager|
|Salary:||£33,000 p.a., car allowance plus OTB|
|Working hours:||Full time|
About the role
The Regional Customer Manager will play a significant role in proactively finding and developing new clients while establishing and building productive and mutually beneficial relationships with our existing centres. Client retention, increasing sales across all product areas and assisting in promoting BCS qualifications are all key aspects of the role. Establishing and engaging with key stakeholders, identifying solutions to customer needs and market opportunity with an ability to challenge current thinking is of paramount importance to the success of you, BCS, our customers and our learners.
This role is responsible for driving and maximising profitable sales across all sectors. This will also require working very closely with other areas of the business to ensure a consistent and co-ordinated approach and to provide valuable market, purchasing and competitor information back into the business unit.
- Achieve sales targets all Funded Sales product streams
- Plan and prioritise sales activities to achieve agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory in accordance with the account management strategy.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods, working with external sales and internal stakeholders as required.
- Build strong working relationships with the external sales team, client services, and product management teams to ensure consistency and clarity of approach and information gathering.
- Report on a weekly basis on activity, revenue generated and potential revenue.
- Where targets are not being met, in conjunction with UK Sales Director, ensure there remedial action plans are devised, agreed and monitored.
- Create activity and account management plan
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and client/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business and revenue targets.
- Plan and manage time and territory coverage against business and revenue priorities.
- Build a client profiling template to identify organisation characteristics, buying habits, decision makers competitive products and future potential.
- Identify and categorise accounts against past revenue and future potential and prioritise accordingly.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders with respect to achieving retention targets and prioritise activity accordingly.
- Maximise order revenue and growth from existing accounts
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Create new contacts and enhance personal influence within client organisations.
- Make proposals for increasing uptake of existing and new Qualification products to ensure sustained and enhanced revenue.
- Understand and utilise purchasing cycles to ensure timely contact and regular revenue opportunities are maximised.
- Assist organisations in creating marketing and publicity materials to encourage take-up of Qualification products.
- Tailor multi-product solutions for clients as required, based on existing product portfolio.
- Work with clients to identify new product opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver formal presentations and proposals to key stakeholders.
- Work with internal stakeholders in delivering information, guidance and newsletters to client base.
- Prospect for and build a portfolio of new clients
- Working with the external sales team and the Business Development Team, establish a list of potential targets.
- Arrange suitable appointments/presentations.
- Deliver agreed activity and revenue targets for new business.
- Provide valuable market and product information
- Gather market intelligence on competitor products, initiatives, pricing policies and new products.
- Gather information on the state of the market as a whole with emphasis on purchasing intent, buying confidence and general atmosphere towards qualifications.
- Feedback into the Product Management team.
- Retain valuable clients and prevent churn
- Ensure that each Accredited Centre renews their contract promptly at, or before, the renewal date.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- Educated A-level or equivalent;
- ECDL or equivalent IT User Skills qualification would be advantageous.
- Extensive, successful proven experience in sales and account management with responsibility for a defined territory and target, especially while working from a home base;
- Demonstrable experience of customer relationships – To include negotiation, presentation and meeting skills, as preparation for playing a leading role in relationships with clients/users at a senior management level in order to achieve and maintain customer satisfaction;
- Significant experience in delivering presentations – aware of the methods and techniques for delivering effective presentations, especially to a large audience using a variety of delivery techniques;
- Proven experience of negotiating contracts – in particular methods and techniques for negotiating contracts for the supply of products and services;
- Proven experience of fact-finding meetings (such as interview, observation) which enable complete and accurate information about customer’s business to be obtained and reported through CRM and associated visit reports;
- A track record of success in a relevant business area.
- Able to think strategically;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the credibility and confidence to manage relationships at the highest levels within and outside the organisation;
- Strong written communication, oral communication and presentation skills;
- Commercially focussed with a strong background in achieving revenue and performance targets;
- Excellent judgement and decision making;
- Customer focussed;
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated;
- High level analytical skills would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the IT education industry.
- Field based but will be required to attend Swindon office as appropriate;
- Will be required to travel across territory with some overnight stays and out of hours working;
- Full driving licence required.
BCS is dedicated to providing training and development to help all staff realise their potential, and also offer a generous benefit package.
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT are committed to promoting equality at every opportunity as an employer. This statement and our policies are designed to ensure our recruitment and employment practices and procedures actively promote equality of opportunity and value diversity.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK upon application.
In the event that we receive a high number of applications for this vacancy, we may be unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.