Who is it for?
- Anyone who is involved in any aspect of systems modelling.
What will I learn?
- Justify the need for IT system modelling and modelling techniques.
- Explain why it is important to model IT system requirements from different perspectives.
- Develop models of system functionality. These models should be either process models with supporting process descriptions or use case diagrams with supporting use case descriptions.
- Develop models of system data. These models should be either entity relationship models or analysis class models, both with supporting descriptions.
- Develop a dynamic model. This model should be either an entity life history showing the effect of events on an entity or a sequence diagram showing the realisation of a use case.
- Evaluate selected models against business objectives and system requirements.
- Appreciate how the selected models inter-relate with each other.
- Describe how the products of analysis feed into the design and development of a system.
How do I get this certification?
Training and exam (recommended)
Take this course with one of our accredited training providers.
How long will it take?
Classroom courses normally last three days.
Where can I study?
At a BCS accredited training provider near you.
How much does it cost?
Course prices vary depending on your chosen training provider and course format.
What format is the exam?
- One hour 'open book' with 15 minutes reading time
- Written, based on a business scenario
- Pass mark is 50%
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA Regulation or SQA.