School Curriculum and Assessment Committee
Information on the work of the Committee as it progresses will appear here including meeting papers and minutes, policy papers and consultations and submissions.
Purpose and aims
The Committee’s aim is to articulate the aspiring vision, goals and principles of Computing Education which we plan to do with the following goals:
- To explain more about what our subject is.
- To help teachers to understand what and how they should teach computing.
- To inform inspectorates and DfE, to support them to ask the right questions, and to know what good practice looks like.
- To identify what the ideal set of qualifications is that would offer appropriate pathways for all children, especially at Key Stage 4.
- To understand what qualifications are offered and taken across the 4 nations.
- To contribute to the increase of Black Afro-Caribbean people and women in computing.