The ICDL Smart Digital e-safety package includes:
- teacher resources and workbooks
- learner resources and workbooks
- automated testing
- instant results
- and, on successful completion, BCS level 1 certification
The curriculum is divided into three units:
- Unit 1: Starting
- Unit 2: Building
- Unit 3: Sharing
Each unit is made up of 10 lessons, and each lesson is approximately equivalent to one classroom hour and can be studied over 30 weeks, or most of an academic year.
Recommended guided learning hours: 30 hours
Following successful completion of the three-unit curriculum, candidates will be able to:
- Start using devices and applications responsibly and securely, locate information online, and create a simple research output.
- Build skills and knowledge through creating online accounts and using common applications, finding and organising information, and creating and printing a well-structured report.
- Share and develop content using more advanced research skills, select and manage applications, protect data and devices, create a variety of content as part of a broader project, interact safely and responsibly online, and manage their digital identity.
Key stage 2
The BCS Level 1 Smart Digital Award in e-Safety also supports parts of the KS2 Computing National Curriculum.
Use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content
Select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals, including collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting data and information
Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable / unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.
The qualification is assessed within a BCS Approved Centre or school, through three short online tests created by the ICDL Foundation and delivered using the BCS In-Application assessment platform and can be studied and taken remotely.
I want to deliver ICDL Smart Digital
Any centre or school wishing to have an in-depth conversation to address any questions not covered here, please contact your account manager, email email@example.com or call 01793 417445.