Hants Digital Women event in partnership with Lean In Together and BCS Women.
At our last event, we opened with some facts:
- In the UK, the gender pay disparity is roughly 14% among full-time workers
- There are more men named John running our big companies than there are women
We discussed how this can result from the relationships between how we think and how we structure our institutions (and how those things influence one another).
We’d like to invite you to our next event which is for men and women alike.
Sharanne Basham-Pyke worked with academic researchers to deliver a programme of change targeting specific interventions that had been designed to begin bridging the gap in three case study organisations: a University, a Health Board and a Local Authority. In 2016, she was honoured with a UHR Equality and Diversity Award for this work. She will share her learnings on:
- The ways the Case Study organisations unknowingly and unwittingly had designed inequality into pay and performance systems
- Some changes that had a real impact
- And some changes that didn’t...and why
We will interview Sharanne about her work and then split out into groups to get a facilitated discussion going so that we all leave with specific things to take away.
This event is brought to you by: Hants Digital Women in partnership with Lean In Together and BCSWomen